1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

what's more important to you?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ingsmsico, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

Oct 17, 2009

2. halloween event
  2. fixing the halloween bugs
  3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 27, 2003

AND! we and the devs need some fun now and then! :lol: so I'll wait for proper fixes
  4. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

my answer would be selfish if it is a bug that bothers me than of course bug fix. if it is a bug that ok i can work around or am no affected by than certainly the halloween event. for instance since i have not been effected by the bridge problem i want my halloween event and even christmas first fix bridge whenever. now the runebook bug i wanted fixed first since i am a legendary runebook user. some of the decorating bugs i am living with as i just have decided to be careful right now this will probably change.
  5. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

A balance of the two. Both are equally important to keep players involved.
  6. Jhym

Jhym Guest

But failing that, #2, since it's that time of the year, and live events are REQUIRED for my happiness.

People really really need to get over the whining about bug this and bug that. If it's an important bug I'd rather they take a while to test and fix it, not rush it out the door because YOU are impatient.

If they know about the bug, they'll fix it when it can be. If you think they don't know about it, you are supposed to tell them. I've told them about my codex being broken, I'm waiting to see what they tell me to do about it. Would I rather everyone else's enjoyment be screwed up because of MY problem?

7. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Both. Perhaps if its EC bugs then I would prefer that first. Halloween is here so it doesn't really matter anyway. But I would like to see some bugs fixed in the EC namely the newest one of black taking over the screen and you not being able to move over it and an older one which is crashing during heavy (and sometimes not so heavy) battles. There should be no crashing for someone that has a top of the line PC. No "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it.
  8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    Since it's likely they always have people working on different things.
  9. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I honestly haven't run into that many bugs. I don't know anyone "personally" in game that has. I can list maybe 5-6 that I'm aware of, and maybe only 2 affect me. And I don't see those as something that need to be fixed right now

I know that there are bugs that affect others' gameplay and in turn indirectly affect mine...but I'm having a hard time sympathizing with those people. Does that make me a bad person? If it's just something that's a bit annoying then I think it's something that the devs can get to later. If it's something major (thinking puzzle room here) then yea, ASAP.

I am enjoying the Halloween event though, I've been trying to get one of those shadow wyrm costumes since it first when live. When someone in my guild gets a yellow crystal we all get together and kill it....the jack-o-lanterns are fun to get...in lieu of going on and on about everything in this event, I'll just say I :heart: all of it!

Soo....because of my experiences.... I'd have to say events over bugs because I absolutely love the events, and I haven't really encountered that many bugs; and nobody in my guild and none of my friends have encountered any bugs either (or if they have, they haven't let off steam about it).

Thats just the kind of person I am...I take everything in stride, or try to. The thing with the bridge doesn't bother me in the least bit...it was actually quite interesting..something shiny and new...when I first went down to check the spawn after they "broke" it. I'm having a hard time seeing how that would affect how someone plays. It's something new to get used to, but so is the new SA content. Since it's still possible to run across the bridge, I'm failing to see how it's really broken.

I'm not an "oh well" kind of person...far from it. There are some things that I prefer spending my time on, and stressing over something like a "broken" bridge isn't one of them.
  10. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 23, 2008

five oclock Guest

Just playing the game.

Its been buggy for 12 years. I hope its buggy 12 years from now.
    3 things about UO that the Devs will work on time and again and no matter how hard they try..

1 scripters

2 Bugs

3 People compaling about 1 and 2 on stratics :D
  12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Right now... finish the Enhanced Client INCLUDING returning upgraded graphics via optional settings.

EC is becoming YET ANOTHER repeat of past client mistakes on its current course, which is a shame.
  13. pacific lily

pacific lily Guest

Two votes for that.

14. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 23, 2004
    My family.