1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the absolute max for SDI from items?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nematode, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Im guessing 85%, from all my matchin n mixin. Other properties are very much compromised, though. Still, wats the max SDI you guys can achieve?
  2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    15 from crystal wizard glasses (10 only from HoM, but resists and MR is better)
    5 from pendant
    20 from crystalline ring
    12 from bracelet
    10 from midnight bracers
    10 from spell woven britches

= 97

With free slots for aof + stitchers for 100% lrc

If you swap those out for 2 pieces of the greymist(?) set, each will give you a +2. That'll bring it to 101, but youo have to bring regs.

For even more, +arcane empowerment, +reaper form. Can't remember how much those 2 adds.
  3. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

Arcane empower gives 10% per focus lvl, so up to 60%. It's a very powerful spell and imo one of the critical spells to learning how to play an arcanist well. A lot of arcanists just use spellweaving for WoD, but the good ones all use arcane empower :)

I think reaper form gives you 20% SDI + 1% per focus lvl, but I'm not sure. I rarely use reaper form, because I don't like sacrificing mobility for the SDI buff.

I'm pretty sure SDI has diminishing returns, though. There was a patch maybe 6 months ago that before the patch I could 2 hit kill demons (demon slayer scrappers) and after the patch it takes me 3 or 4 spells.

Going nuts on SDI has its advantages, but diminishing returns definitely encourages you to build a balanced suit.

Also of note, GM inscription gives you 10% SDI that doesn't count toward your 15% pvp SDI cap for spells that use eval to calculate their damage.