1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Whats the actual chance/odds of getting heartwood runics?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Derrick83, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Derrick83

Derrick83 Guest

Since these are based upon a RNG, does anyone know what the chances are on hitting the lotto on any particular kit?

Take fletching kits for instance... whats the %% or odds for each of the kits? Anyone know?

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

apparently about the same as getting a Mempo.

3. Derrick83

Derrick83 Guest

BBURRRNNNNN....

Seriously.. anyone out there know??

4. Jhym

Jhym Guest

They've never told us, I believe. But it seems to be about the same chance as getting a useful Valorite exceptional bod.

5. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

UO Guide says the chance of receiving a heartwood kit is 1 in 10000. In other words 0.01%

6. Merik

Merik Guest

But don't worry you have a .02% chance to get a mempo that you can sell and buy two heartwood runic kits with.

7. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Burned 175k of wood early on trying (Notice the word Trying) Never did get one & said ^%$# it. In all that wood I only got an Oak & an Ash & never have been back since. It's not worth the time

8. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Are you running a U.M. script that runs 23 and a half hours a day? Then you don't have much of a chance honestly. RNG is hatin' on the normal player.

9. thelust6

thelust6 Guest

Incredibly low, as it should be though; I read on Uo Guide about 1/10,000 chance and read posts hear on stratics claiming 1/50,000 chance (range is a harsh mistress) I've burnt through roughly 1.2 million boards over the last month and gave up :p I recieved a lot of oak kits, a 6 ash kits, 9 yew kits but unfortunatley no h-wood kit; I don't mind though, I wanted to do summin with the regualr boards that had been sitting in a container for so many years :p I'm going to leave the h-wood quests be; The Em Storyline and ToT3 is far more fun than wiping blood away from my eyes hoping for a h-wood kit :p My advice would me a spawner, use the time instead to farm powerscrolls, gold and replicas, sell them buy the kits, On a vendor in Luna on Europa there priced at 24 mill x (seems to have a few in stock piled on top of each ther too)