1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best moneymaker for me with these skills?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by garthwayne2, Mar 19, 2008.

1. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

Been killing mummies in level 1 of Deceit with no issues. Liches kick my ass since I don't have that great of gear just yet and my resist needs work.

GM healing
    GM lumberjack
    GM parrying
    GM swords
    GM tactics
    GM anatomy
    70 resist

Let me hear some ideas please. Mummies are just getting too easy.
  2. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

PS, thanks to everyone for advice on how to revamp this guy. I'm going to start training bushido and will dump the lumberjacking. Back in the day it was great but it doesn't seem to do anything currently.
  3. Try titans and cyclops in despise.

GM lumberjacking skill soulstone it on a fragment stone you might need it one day
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Chop trees and sell wood or donate wood to the museum or library, then sell the prizes.. Hopefully you'll find some of the rarer colored woods.
  5. Clextor

Clextor Guest

I have a similar character. As said before, I would stone the L-Jacking. Then add 85 of Chivalry. Besides getting the ability to "recall", there are some spells that will increase damage to the monster. I do good solo with Ogre Lords and Liches. I also have to say that Weapon and armor and jewerly will step you up also.

Swords 120
    Tactics 110
    Anatomy 110
    Resist 100
    Parry 100
    Healing 95
    Chivalry 85

Pretty sure that is it.

6. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 23, 2002

garthwayne2 Guest

What is this soulstone stuff? Remember I haven't played in years...
  8. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 6, 2007
    Lose the magic resist and take up chivalry. Go to the painted caves with a soulseeker and cast enemy of one and smack them up. Thats the easiest and fastest money you can make these days.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Jeeze, does anyone besides me have Focus on their chars, or do they all rely on Items to keep their Stamina/Mana up?

I got an old GM LJ Swordsman that has 110.0 Swords/110.0 Tactics/GM Anat/GM Healing/GM Resist/GM LJ/50.0 Focus/50.0 Chiv. Need to get him a 120 Swords PS. With a Rune Beetle Slayer Tali, EoO and a good Ornate Axe, he kills wild Rune Beetles in 3-4 hits, which takes about 4-5 secs. Make damn good money with him that way considering each Rune Beetle has 1k+, maybe some good items too. Use a Giant Beetle to haul away 80k Gold each trip. His suit isn't anything uber either, just a Bloodwood Darkwood Set.

But yeah, GM LJ definately needs a bigger damage bonus to Axes. Currently it only gives 10% more damage, which is a joke for investing 100.0 skillpoints. Especially considering an Archer can spend 100.0 less skillpoints (Not having to invest in LJ), and with a Heavy X-Bow, can outdamage a GM LJer who's using an Ornate Axe, despite the LJ Warrior spending an ectra 100.0 Skillpoints. They need to boost the Innate Damage Increase recieved from having GM LJ to either 20% or 30%
  10. garthwayne2

garthwayne2 Guest

Oh yea one more question. What the heck is a Mininova Fireworks Wand? Cause I have one in my bank account... worth anything?
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

What is this soulstone stuff? Remember I haven't played in years...

[/ QUOTE ]

Soulstones (and soulstone fragments) allow you to take up to 120 skill points (show real) in one skill, remove it from that character (drops it to 0.0 show real) and adds the skill into the Soulstone.

You can then take the Soulstone and use it with another character on the *same* account and give those skill points in that skill to the new character. It is not cumulative. So if you transfer 75.0 Lumberjacking to a character that has 25.0 Lumberjacking, you won't be at 100.0 skill. Instead, the 25.0 will be overwritten and you'll have the only the 75.0 from the Soulstone.

Soulstone FAQ: http://www.uo.com/soulstonefaq.html

Soulstone Fragment FAQ: http://www.uo.com/fragmentfaq.html

I agree with the others, do not simply "drop" Lumberjacking. Save it on a Soulstone or transfer it to a *skill holder* character on the same account, using a Soulstone or Soulstone Fragment.