1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's the best way to purchase a house on Atlantic (or any shard) nowadays?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Wolf, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hey folks,

Throughout the years there's been different ways to find a house you're looking for. I remember there used to be a great UO auction website that allowed you to bid for items using gold. At another point in time there was someone who would list houses for sale to help folks connect.

I'm wondering what people do now when they're looking for a house? I'm in the market for one on Atlantic (see this thread if you've got a tip: [Buying] - Looking for a Luna, gate, scenic, special, or a populated area house! | Stratics Forums)... I've tried in game chat, contacting folks I knew, and now giving the Atlantic trade forum a try, but so far not even a single bite.

What do people do to find houses they're looking for now?

Thank you!

2. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On almost any shard you can place a house without long searching. Of course these shards are no longer heavily populated. Also on ATL you find a spot for smaller houses with ease, but of course usually not on prime locations.
    There is no known house market as it was in the past. One of the reasons is, that on most shards you can hardly sell real estate, and another, that the people holding such in prime locations either stuck to it (why should they sell) or are no longer active, but paying their subs to hold the house.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Spiritless likes this.
  3. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran

Hi Old Wolf, I don't know if you're online at the minute but someone's just dropped a rune to a Yew Gate (by the looks) house for sale, they're transferring or summat. Anyway, hope you get this message in time :).

Cheers,

Lucy

4. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Lucy! I'll look into it. :)

5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dont buy one wander around there are spot that open up every now and then it isn't worth it to pay some exoberant amount if size dosnt matter or such.

6. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend