1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's the big announcement tonight?

Discussion in 'Ultimate RPG Discussions [Archive]' started by Woodsman, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Somebody told me that Zynga and Portalarium are making a big announcement tonight. Anybody have details?

2. senescal

senescal Adventurer

Zynga? Oh my...

Neves likes this.
  3. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Zynga added Portalarium to their partner program back in June, but since it's involving Zynga and since Zynga is having stock/financial issues (along with finally being sued by a large enough company to get them on their cloning practices), I'm concerned that they threw a bunch of money out there and bought Portalarium in an effort to beef up their company.

Zynga just announced a bunch of stuff about Farmville 2, so following it up with an acquisition of Portalarium might give them a nice little bounce and diffuse the criticism that all they like to do is clone other companies' games.

I hope it's not that, I hope this is just them announcing some kind of major beta or something with Ultimate Collector.

If Zynga bought Portalarium outright, then I will not be playing any Portalarium games.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The announcement was that Zynga will publish Ultimate Collector.

5. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

That was the big announcement? When they became partners, I thought that was the whole point. Oh well, I'm glad they didn't buy Portalarium, I really want to try out Ultimate RPG.

6. Coldren

Coldren Sage
    Stratics Veteran

#6 Coldren, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  7. Neves

Neves Visitor

Zynga's kind of got a black eye right now. Maybe two.

8. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

They've got 3 with me - they ripped off a friend's game so blatantly that everybody, both gamers and developers, knew it the instant that they saw it. The fact that Zynga was brazen enough to then mess with EA's crown jewels speaks volumes about the arrogance and leadership. You can push around and rip off small studios who don't have the legal means to fight back, but you'd have to be really stupid and out of touch to think EA would let that one slide by.

I despise EA for destroying great studios and I despise Zynga for ripping off games from smaller studios.

Valice Belgraham likes this.
  9. FatMagic

FatMagic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This sums up my feelings exactly. I refuse to play anything that Zynga creates or touches.

Orvago and Valice Belgraham like this.
  10. lil_eddie

lil_eddie Guest

TRUE.

Valice Belgraham likes this.