1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bushido] What's the use of a lesser??

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by anvira, Mar 10, 2010.

1. anvira

anvira Guest

Looking to see what the benefit of using a hyru over a swampie.

Anyone know what/if there are bonus' to using one?

Thanks

2. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Lesser Hiru suppose to have a 20% chance to dismount, but I haven't seen that in ages.

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Is it too much of a hassle for a sampire to ride a swampy and have a lesser in tow, set to "guard me"? Guessing the hard part would be making sure you took the brunt of the damage while also monitoring the lesser for damage and healing it with close wounds as needed.

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think lessers are better for PvP. I use one on my bushy dexer. I use a hit spell daisho and do the double riding swipe with an all kill. Sometimes it will get two bites on someone if I can stam block them. If you couple that with an orc brute it's a chance at an insta kill.

5. anvira

anvira Guest

Ah I see, thanks for the info :)

6. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Ride your exceptional swampy and use a pet ball to summon the hiryu. Makes great distraction on someone or to sick on their pet

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Lessers also have a special attack that reduce phys resists on its opponent.

For peerless hunts, I will ride my swampy (GM barding, so 20% damage reduction) and use my lesser as a helper to deal extra damage/reduce resists. I'm the tank for my pet.

8. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I was wondering if folks did this. Do you find it hard to keep track of the hiryu's health while you're fighting? And do you typically have the hiryu along with you for everything, including key collecting?

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not really, just like monitoring a guildie's healthbar. Takes a bit of getting used to initially though.

I normally ride my lesser and leave the swampy in the stables when I play. When I collect keys, I ride the swampy and stable the lesser.

Once I am ready to actually fight the peerless, I'll unstable the lesser.

10. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You could also try being a Mini-Tamer. Lesser + Vollem = FUN at times ^^