1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's up with all the barrels?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Duncan McDermott, May 17, 2008.

1. Are the barrels somekind of marking, or township lines? I see them everywhere and am just curious.

2. Feyre

Feyre Guest

The ones north of yew gate Lead to my houses, the ones south (if theres any left) led to cws(if it still exists)

3. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

For a while, I was stealing all the barrels I could find and placing them in the minax base. It was something to do during ROT. Got tired of it tho, and the yew roads kept being repaired.

I completely demolished the minoc road however, and cleared one of the treasure hunting islands.

4. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

As mentioned, the barrel road from Yew has been a handy trail to the player run town of Wispwood Shire for years. It used to be an active place, 2 years and more ago, I am not sure about it now.

Besides leaving a trail, some players drop barrels to prevent house placement, and some just out of boredom or to annoy.

With Croaker, I think barrels are used in basically the same way as dogs peeing on things in the real world. :p

-Skylark

5. Alizaren

Alizaren Guest

*giggles*

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

It's always been fun taking barrels and stacking them up around unsuspecting players homes. Kinda like dropping a trailer park on their plot...la

7. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

l:p

Also, barrels can be stacked 4 high and filled with 20 units of water each. I haven't done it, but it could be very annoying to build a wall of barrels in front of someone's house.

I was trying to build a swimming pool in the minax base. I think I had more than 350 barrels there at one point, but someone got annoyed and started running a barrel drinking script there.