1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with Dark Wisps, and what triggers the Guardians?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sevin0oo0, May 16, 2011.

1. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

wisp dungeon - I play(played) there frequently
    I went down the stairs in there and found, (after the streaming spam lines of damage numbers over my head were finally over)
    4 dark wisp (guardian), 1 dark wisp, 1 para dark wisp, 6 mummies(summons), +revenant
    and then the 3-4 evil mages.
    With Everyone spamming necro spells to boot
    I was in there earlier, it wasn't like that, it just happens - Just seems a bit extreme to me

For those wondering where it is, thru the ilsh gate that comes out by the ONLY Shrine swamped w/ spawn, imps, gazers, etc
    (they said they can't/won't fix the spawn)
  2. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 3, 2007
    The guardian wisps do not work anymore. The guarded chests will always disappear when you click them. Blackrock does not work on the dark wisps in the dungeon either.
  3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

This was only 2hrs ago I'm talking about, and Blackrock Does work in there, also in SA.
    Yes, chests disappear, but the guardians are still spawning, and just as deadly.
    Maybe it's only an LS thing
  4. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

Jul 18, 2005
    It's the first part of the Ranger Of The Abyss Quest: IF you have the quest active, when you click on the chest after killing the guardians, you should receive a Dark Wisp Orb in your pack, which you would need for the rest of the quest.

Now of course you can't get the quest anymore since the quest giver (Dexter The Royal Mage) isn't in Britannia Castle anymore.

So yeah it's pointless, especially since even if you have the quest active on an older char, you would be stuck later anyway.

PS: If anyone have some of those Dark Wisp Orbs on Europa I need one for my collection and I can trade for the similar item from the Garg version (Flaming Bud, which actually looks much better). Same goes for the final reward of part 1 of the quest: I need a Lamp Of Spirituality for my collection and I can trade for a Lamp Of Singularity (the Garg version), on Europa again. ICQ 65731415
  5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Guessing you meant it was pointless to try to play in there?
    Same thing today,there's a paragon wisp, skeletal mage, evil mages, and more mummies around the corner, offscreen

So is this is supposed to be Normal in there now?
    The single "Guardian" always spawns in PAIRS, so it's not like you only have to fight just One. I don't mind two (but not 6!)
    I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but since they'll all throw Blood Oath, makes it hard to hit Anything w/o killing yourself - this isn't overkill?.
    Being an old player, am I just behind the times and need to get auto-heal, auto eat apple scripts?
    1 wisp casts blood Oath, and it protects them All, not just the caster, Bug, or feature?