1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's up?!?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ghost Knight, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

It looks like it's been nearly 10 years since I've made a post! I had to make a new account. So where does everyone hang out these days?

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

If you are looking for people in-game...they hang out in general chat. It's kinda like hanging at the WBB except you can't show off your latest shiny items. And it's safe.

Very few people on the shard at the moment, but as always, we hold our breath and hope some of the newbies stick it out (except when the mean old vets scare them off)...la

3. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Just met you in Luna on Singularity :] Hope ya come back and stay abit.

Igg A Pie likes this.
  4. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I tried to stick it out after returning after 10 years as well. As everything is blessed and there is no PvP; I ran out of things to do that interest me so I didn't resub this month.

But as far as pve goes its a pretty good atmosphere. A few guilds run champs regularly if you're in to that.

5. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Spyder, you didn't run into me then, the only blessed item I have is a bloody sash. If you'd met me on a lonely road you'd had an easy kill and a pack full of sh!!!y gear. :)

6. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

A lack of PvP would kinda eliminate the need for Siege, so hopefully that's not the case. I don't remember it being very easy to have anything blessed. Couldn't you bless like one item and move that blessing from one thing to another? I used to start the day naked with a poisoned newbie weapon and only use what I took off corpses. :p

p.s. Would a necro nox swordsman still be a decent build? I think had stones to swap over to ninja archer too.

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome back. I remember you. A lot have changed since 2005.

8. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Actually, I'd have been the easy kill with no combat skills. However, your pack might have felt a bit lighter.

Silent Singer likes this.
  9. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Howdy, Ghost! I remember you. You were in TnT before you left. Welcome back! :)

10. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

11. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

Hi Kat! I wasn't in TnT, but I did start the web site in your signature. It was originally a forum for Siege, because this place was being heavily moderated. I also set up forums there for NEW and passed it on to them when I left.

12. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I remember that too :) Sadly Shalimar stopped playing around 3 years ago. She still have some of her houses, including NEW keep, so hopeful we someday will see her back.
    The forum here, are not so heavy moderated after it got new owner or it seem so. I do like that.
    I think I remember you being in VMP before you left, but you was in an other guild before that, can't remember that tag.

13. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes, you were briefly in TnT with your other character, but you didn't stay long. It was right before you quit. You really only spawned with us a few times and that was it. I can kinda see the name in my head, but I probably won't spell it right. I wanna say the initials were GR? Guldoryl Rilynar? Thats the closest I can come to spelling it! lol Please don't tell me that was someone else, because all these years I thought that was your character! haha

I knew you started the sp.net website at one time. We only used freebie sites over the years and, well, you get what you pay for, so I was looking to purchase a domain for us and TnT.com or .net was not available, so I checked sp.net just for giggles and apparently Shalimar had let it go. I figured it would be a good home for us.

14. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

Oh yeah! I remember now. I made the name change to Gul'Dorl Rilynar when I started the LICH roleplaying guild. That was definitely one of my favorite times in UO!

15. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

There's a lot of new stuff in the game. Is there a good place to go and read about everything?

16. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

17. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

welcome back!!!

18. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

Can't find upload dates on photobucket but that must be at least 10 years ago :)

Silent Singer and Ghost Knight like this.
  19. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

I had a folder with pictures on a backup hard drive, but I think I finally deleted it. :(

20. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

Is everyone still using classic client or enhanced? Is stygian abyss worth it? It comes with a free month.

21. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I use the classic client, but you might as well try and get used to the new one. I understand it has some great features the classic client doesn't have. You definitely want Stygian Abyss! You will not be able to experience most of the newer content without it and that expansion is 4-5 years old already.

22. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

Weird...bought it and it won't let me use it on my existing accounts. :(

23. FrejaSP

There are 2, one for new accounts and one to upgrade, guess you did choose the wrong version

24. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

Oh well...hopefully I can get a refund. I need to place a house quick. I have a feeling I'm wearing a bunch of stuff that used to be blessed. Lots of stuff with cool names on my character. :p

25. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

Everyone still use uoassist and uoautomap?

26. FrejaSP

UOAM is not working well but there are a thread at top of U.Hall to help making it work

27. Sandwich

Sandwich Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Captn Norrington likes this.
  28. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Hey, Ghost, if you need a base of operations and a place to stash some things until you can get a house, let me know.

29. Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight Visitor

Feyre cracked me up. He was always bouncing around in Kirin form. I think that's when I was battling REV all the time. They would do stuff like gank me and then leave just one person to take a pic saying "1v1". :p

Thanks Kat! I placed a house last night though.

Kat likes this.
  30. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

And I know where it is... :scholar: