1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Whats with all the crashes????

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shayne, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Shayne

Shayne Guest

I've played on 5 different computers thinking that something may be wrong with mine. I've tried playing on Win2k, 98, 2 xps, and a vista. All the hardware was pretty good, dual core +, 512mb video+, raid sata's, 3gb+ ram. Every one of them at some point in time would crash. I would recall *CRASh*, I would drag a bow to my bank box *CRASH*, I would trade someone, and when I clicked accept *CRASH*. I've been playing UO for since it came out in 97. I have never had so many freaking crashes until recently. Any one else feeling the same or does anyone have a reason / solution? It didn't matter if I ran with or without UOAssist, or UOMap.

2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

What server are you playing on? What version of the Client? 2D or KR?

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There have been a number of reports of this sort of thing over the last few months and I've been getting it too from time to time. I have theories and speculation, but alas I've never been able to reliably reproduce something to submit as a bug and I didn't see anything mentioned in the early previews of pub 56.

4. Rubican

Rubican Guest

I too have been crashing several times a night - no reason to it either, can be doing totally different things and than *CRASH* to desktop. Annoying to say the least.

5. Shayne

Shayne Guest

Yeah my client is latest 2D, none of the KR crap :p

6. I only seem to crash if... i go into a gate, recall, or enter a new area :| but i've gotten used to it... being in tram and all i wont die :D

7. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Yea I get this all the time usually its a gate and boom instant crash.

8. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

Your crashing because your not runnin win 95

9. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mines the same, but i live in fel so its quite a nuisence at times!

10. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

I play on Lake Austin with 2D Client and don't remember the last time I crashed to the desktop.

11. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe the Devs listened to all the people asking to turn the clocks back 11 years. Now if they could just turn them forward again without AoS.

12. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

yea I was thinking maybe this is the 11th anni, celebration they are reminding us of all the server crashes from years gone by.

13. Shayne

Shayne Guest

lol you're sick :p

14. Mishra_

Mishra_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I crash about once a night and it loves to do it during trades