1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's with the Atlantic revert?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Belladonna, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Belladonna

Belladonna Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Atlantic got reverted to 6+ hours before server down, all the stuff I got was gone, everything I did is undone, and I know my friend lost a pet he just tamed last night too. No comment from UO on this? My friend asked a GM and they were unaware there even was a revert.

2. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

I imagine if they didn't do a revert there would have been more serious consequences. Reverts have been, and always will be a part of an online game. Best advise I can offer is understand this and carry on. Doesn't do a thing other than raise your blood pressure to get upset. Trust me, I know, I've lived through many, many reverts over the years. You just have to pick yourself up and re-do the work while saying Ommmmmm Ommmmmm Ommmmmm. :thumbup:

3. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Can't confirm

4. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There was a 6 to 10 hour revert.

5. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

There was a bonded Dragon Atlantic named RedBird sitting inside the Twisted Weald lost and looking for his owner. Someone may gave lost a 4.7 GD because of the revert and appears the pet didn't log out.

6. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There was no revert. I was training my t-hunters magery in despise while it dropped. When it was back up again, i lost around 0.1-0.3 points... I was still on same spot... So - the revert wasnt huge. Just a few minutes....

7. OvenBird

OvenBird Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Def not just few minutes, but not 6 hours for me i dont think. Maybe 2+. I left my main house, went to luna, bought some dyes, then I completely rebuilt my second accts house. Logged back in, back at main house, without dyes. It went down around 1:30am est and was back up around 2am . I started playing ultima last night around 10 or 1030pm est.

I also bought a reincarnation token before the server went down, used only the name change. When the server came back I had both the race ans sex change tokens but no name token. This is why i think it wasnt a 6 hour revert.

8. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

40 min, I would say. bought a stat sroll in luna and went fighting for about half an hour. Had a break and when I came back, my char stood right in front of the scrolls-vendor

9. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It cant me 2+ hrs, cuz then i was not training...i lost few points magery - thats it...and i was at same spot.

10. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

I'm not complaining just want to get that out of the way. UO is the ONLY online I've ever experienced a revert. I've played DAoC, Lotro, EQ2, and others. Once again I'm not complaining I'm just saying it's the ONLY online game I've played that has had/has reverts.

11. Mr. Plod

Mr. Plod Journeyman

There were two reverts. One for a few moments then another later that went back a few hours. No big deal, just a Lil sketchy lol

12. OvenBird

OvenBird Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed

13. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ever since the revert, i have a character that every time he logs in, he is in a party that he cannot exit from. presumably because it reverted back to the point he was in a party..

14. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Is your character's name Eddie Murphy?

OvenBird, sablestorm and Cetric like this.