1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's with the LAG?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by C4LISTO, Apr 20, 2009.

1. C4LISTO

C4LISTO Guest

Anyone else experiencing this? I have been back in UO for 3 days after a long break and I'm pinging like 130-250 with at least 20% packet loss. When I was playing 6 months ago I was easily pinging 50 or 60. What has happened?

I ran a tracert and when it hits some ATT server it goes berserk! Going from 60ms-80ms to 170ms-300ms.

Is this just me? Or is UO just trying to kill off the rest of the ppl that play this game?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

0 lag for me.

I don't think the ATT server is UO's responsibility.

3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yep, I'm having some issues as well. One of the hops on my tracert is pinging 160-200.

4. You have a bad connection.

Contact your ISP.

I am not kidding or being smart.

There is a hop in your connection that is bad. Not EA/Mythics fault. It has to do with who your ISP routes through.

Call them.

Good luck.

5. Sam192

Sam192 Guest

Ya I have had this for months as well, one hop will jump up to 200-300 ms, and I'll also get random packet loss. Lag spikes are really noticeable in the game too. Sometimes can bearly move.

6. Pindershot

Pindershot Guest

Posting from "somewhere near the Rocky Mountains" my connection to Pac is great from home and work.

7. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff Guest

actually this changed when ea had real bag lag problems and they changed not the persons isp.i never used to route through att untill ea fixed the problem so they say.

8. Sam192

Sam192 Guest

ya I didnt start lagging until they said they fixed it. I'm now routed through a server that has terrible ping.

9. Coffin

Coffin Guest

Speaking of lag..

For the last 2 and a half weeks, I've been pinging higher than usual to Great Lakes (my shard), Chesapeake, and Lake Superior. All the other shards are normal. Odd that I'm lagging on those 3 shards and not Atlantic, considering I'm playing from Washington.

And, the latency is mainly between 9am - 4:30pm. Lol. Weird stuff. Sucks though, makes pvp pretty much impossible. Anyone else feeling this?