1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's with the ostards? hmm?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Gidge, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

gobble gobble

2. Gidge

Gidge Sage

seriously? no one knows why someone bothers to tame an ostard and release it where the stealables spawn in the abyss? i was thinking someone was dying and they were going wild, but why not buy a horse.

Something is up and i will get to the bottom of it.

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Frenzied ostards (if memory serves me) are agressive. Maybe they're leaving them there to kill thieves attempting to ply their trade.

If it's just a regular forest ostard, my best guess would be its owner died and it went wild.

As to your question as to why not just buy a horse? Because horses are boring. Some players (myself included) like to go out of their way to be a little unique. I once stoned taming and lore onto my stealther just so I could easily tame a pet ferret to follow him around town.

4. Gidge

Gidge Sage

*nods*

i guess my wondering turns to, if they died from the Slasher of Veils, i am sure the Slasher would eat the pet too. Asking around, someone said they seen a person purposefully realease them.

*thinks*

5. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They are just ostards. I see them in towns all the time wondering around. Someone tames them, names them Gobble Gobble and leaves them, no Idea why.

6. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

maybe the miss the turkeys from the thanksgiving event.