1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] What's your favorite bow type? PvM

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by sirion, Feb 10, 2010.

1. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm about to imbue some bows for my pvm archer, but cant seem to decide what bow type to imbue. Any opinion please, in terms of speed, special moves, damage..etc in PvM.

2. I use crossbows and heavy crossbows pretty much exclusively. I like crossbows for the mortal special and the hard and heavy hits. Of course they have to have 30+ SSI.

3. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Same as Connor i use heavy's, plus if you can afford it enhance after imbuing to bump to 40% SSI. Stats wise i use different things for different jobs e.g for spawn ML, SL, DI, SSI, Hit area.

Thunderz

4. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks. I used bow and composite bow mostly. I use paralyze blow sometimes to stop mob chasing me too close; not sure if that's even useful. Armor Ignore and Moving Shots are hard to pass. But I guess I'm more obsessed with the "bow" look.

Would you imbue Velocity? I ran some test and it doesn't seem worth it. How about Balanced? What are the top priority mods of your choice? (For ranged weps, I suppose Stam leech or Hit Lower Attack isn't important here)

5. I prefer HML, HSL, HLD, SSI on my bows. With HLD on both my bow and glasses, the odds of it going off are much higher than with just the glasses alone. The only time I use a balanced bow is when soloing peerless.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Comp bow with 50 hit velocity and 50 hit lightning. Because I really have no mana/stamina issues (have some med on my ABC's template), I find the extra damage from the hit spells more useful than hml/hsl.

7. Val-Tur

Val-Tur Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I do not use my archer for normal play. I mainly use my archer for boss type mobs, event mobs, stuff where its better to let a pet with huge hp tank. He really works well for event mobs. This really is not the character I am working on for peerless (that is my sampire).

I have switched exclusively to heavy x-bow, with +40% SSI and +30% HML. Since the form nerf, what I really want is 40% SSI, max HML, max HLL, and cannot decide yet between a spell effect and HLD. I dont have mace and shields on my archer.

8. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I switch around a lot.

Low end fights belong to the yumi. With a slayer property and swing speed increase, I can pretty much one-hit-kill some pretty big things (rune beetle = 2 hits, lich lord = 2 hits, etc)

For group hunts or when I'm on foot (happens a lot!), I like a bow for the higher damage and the cheap arrows (I hunt centaur for the arrows).

For peerless or Doom, I prefer a heavy crossbow. Even one without the slayer does significantly more damage than a repeater crossbow with a slayer.

For PvM, a bow needs everything Connor says it needs.

9. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We have similar styles. I use mainly bows and composite bows as well. Paralyzing blow helps when fighting multiple tough monsters or paragons, armor ignore for damage, mortal strike as a finisher for monsters that heal at the end, and moving shot mainly for paragons.

10. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1st# Yumi for double hit.
    2nd# HeavyXbow

11. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

crits from 120 bush with mana leech are better than hit spell or AIs imo.....i beleive youll do more damage overall...

12. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Aye, but my toon is an ABC archer/weaver and only has 90 bush, so I critical less often. The upside is I can do a bit more solo, due to gifts of life/renewal, attunement, and tanks (nature's furry). Just a trade-off, I suppose.

13. ReaperNI

ReaperNI Guest

when doing guard duty for fel champs my archer like to carry a uzi aka repeater with hit area effect helps clear the crowd.TYR