1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favourite hunting spot?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Thrakkar, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you want to loot items, you actually want to wear (or sell) (not unravelling)?
    From your experience, where do the best drop?
    Or is there a resource on the internet, where I can see the drop tables of the mobs like which mob can drop items with that much modifiers and intensities?

Flagg likes this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Used to get them from the EM event boss mobs... now I can't get them anymore. Most stuff I see as loot on mobs stinks, from fishing, to T-Maps to Shame and Wrong... Peerless bosses, Champs etc... most all crap .... I won't use anything antique, I can't afford to use stuff that is "Prized" ... and I refuse to use stuff that's Brittle. I don't have the str to use the Massive stuff...

So... I like drops from EM events which for some reason seem to have nice somewhat higher than normal qualities.. I've gotten more Crafting Talismans from EM bosses than from doing thousands of crafting quests in Heartwood and all the ML peerless combined.

Outside that the "best" loot I have seen comes from L4 Covetous. Going through the Jail and clearing it out one room at a time. Exodus on occasion drops ok loot but the problem with him is getting the keys is a grind and in order to get a party big enough to take care of it and if you want to go more than just once.... takes DAYS of farming keys.

Truth be told I grow bored with most that stuff... I don't want to spend days on end gathering keys for something that takes less than 20 min start to finish. Typically by the time I get enough keys in order for 5 or 6 folk to do 2 or 3 Exodus runs the early keys are pretty close to expiring.

That's my 2c for all it's worth.

Flagg likes this.
  3. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

why not use brittle it is basically imbued with a different name

4. Varingian

Varingian Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

And prized insurance isn't that bad....

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

But 99% of the time I can imbue better stuff and it don't cost extra...

What I mean is with Imbuing and enhancement and reforging and all I can make better stuff than I can loot... and that includes most arti's, mini-arties and all that junk...

Typically outside of the corguls sash, spell focusing sashes, talismans that are mostly obsolete now since the clean up ones came out.. robes which you can't craft and such things you can't craft like the unicorn sandles and such.... you can make FAR better stuff with the mods you really want not just some random junk that more often than not is missing something you really need... like you find a great ring with SSI and DCI and all but it has ZERO HCI which to me makes it crap... Or you get an awesome Bracelet with tons of SDI and DCI and all this other wonderful stuff but it doesn't have any FC/FCR which again makes it completely worthless. If you can't get 2/6 casting for a mage then forget it.

So no as a general rule most loot is crap. If I could get a piece with SSI on it and NOTHING else that I could imbue up myself and it would be good.... then Yes I would say there is excellent loot to be had.... but the truth is most the crap you find you can't use or it costs you in area's I'm not willing to compromise in.

6. hirikawa

hirikawa Journeyman

With new loot i replaced all imbued items over Brittle or Priced ones. It's really easy now to get item for warrior like: 15-20 to stats (like addition to dex, str), 10LMC, and proper resists (all a last 18 each). So it is really more fun to kill whatever to get those items. I don't like crafting and i even more don't like making crafter or asking people for craft. For new players new loot system is heaven and i really enjoy it whatever i kill there.

I got some not bad results from Navrey, Stygian Dragon and more simple items Abyss mini spawns.

petemage likes this.
  7. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I get the feeling someone is slowly turning a dial down on loot. I could swear loot was better about a month ago than it is now, but they say nothing has changed.

Christina Kardos and DJAd like this.
  8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Exodus for me. I find it the only thing worth farming now for decent loot.

9. Varingian

Varingian Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

I don't disagree. I can generally craft better pieces and since I am crafting it is much easier to get it all to work together. Occasionally though I find a piece that simply could not be matched with crafting. Usually a piece of jewelry.

10. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

Event bosses have the best loot I've seen. I've also gotten good stuf off exodus and corgul. Mabe one out of 10 champ spawn bosses will drop something nice.

For some reason I can't get good dexer armor tho. I've got boxes full of good Mage stuff.

11. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

With the new brittle items (especially when you get one with 20+ in all resists) they are way over the 500 imbuing weight and cannot be crafted.
    Yeah same here. I did get some pretty sexy 10 stamina leggings last night at Exodus but they were plain leather :-(

12. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Getting good dexxer gear is nigh impossible.
    Once in a blue moon you will find one, but they will most of the time have a wasted property in the form of mage armour.

And finding 10 stamina pieces in plain leather is the saddest thing ever. :(

13. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Oh yeah these have mage armour also but I removed it a the mage guild master.

14. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

Hence wasted property. The loot generator code could have placed another useful property there, but no... 90% of the time it is mage armour.

DJAd likes this.
  15. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I am slowly replacing my imbued armour with the new loot armour. It's slow going and its like a puzzle putting all the pieces togather. Imbued items are handy but in no way can they compete with the better loot. I stay away from the antique items because my mian charcater is a warrior. I suppose with a mage/bard/tamer antigue items would work well and last longer. I am just really getting back into fighting things for fun/better loot, so this thread is of interest to me. What tactics do you use to find where the island is for Crogul i'll hvae to try this.

16. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

If you're going to try Corgul, you will need high seas, and to bring a friend to cross heal.
    He hits fairly hard, has corrupted aura and can use dismount.

To fight him, you need to sacrifice a treasure map at covetous. The altar is in the path between covetous level 2 and 3.
    You will also need a map of the world that will be marked with where his island will be.

Then hop onto a highseas ship and sail to that spot. You will be teleported to his island where you will fight some spawn.
    He will be at the center of the island.

17. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Still to date, I find my best hunting can be done at banks. Too many Siege players bank their goods and thus give us thieves a chance to snag them before they leave their packs. Dungeons are also good spots if you have detect on your template since you can get tamers when their pets are busy fighting monsters...la

18. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you Bealank that's great info!! :)

19. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I like to farm andros and champ spawns for legendary artis. T maps seem to do well too.

As for mage armor i like that not everything is studded and if it is you have to pay some gold to make it useable. Goal accomplished if you ask me.. crafted armor is still useable and not everyone can rock a 55lmc suit. Dexxers swing so fast and you have legendary splinter weapons I don't see the big deal... I don't think a bow should be shooting as fast as I can fire off a magic arrow.. I do see you point however as it is a wasted mod. I kind of like it tho because the change to studded armor makes leather almost obsolete

Also brittle is basically imbued so to me it's a fine mod. I still haven't destroyed imbued suits that I made when it first came out.. Antique is the garbage mod that I won't waste my time with, except on jewels since you can't seem to get around it too easily.. as well as the massive and 50 stone mods. The 50 stone one is kind of a big deal since it effects pots for pvp and the massive is rarely useable, usually you get cursed and it will drop out.. but then again most dexxers run 150 str..

The mod I'm sick of seeing is durability increase. It doesn't matter at all. Increase the 255? No.. decrease the amount of durability damage taken by the weapon? No.. Just a wasted BS mod that usually shows up on a mage weapon I would like to use if it had dci and not durability increase! :p

20. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

most the stuff worth keeping is coming from Exodus. Scalis is a close second. Crimson dragons as well but they are only at EM events.

21. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I get more than a few nice pieces that are still great despite spawning with Mage Armor, better than what I can imbue. I don't consider it a waste at all, particularly when it's something useful for a mage.

22. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Thanks everybody for the input!