1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When are cursed items at risk?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by AvenWil, Jan 7, 2008.

1. AvenWil

AvenWil Guest

and when are they "safe"?

Trying to answer my own question here but would appreciate input.

At risk
    1) When you die in felucca
    2) from being stolen (if not equipped) in Felucca
    3) When you are killed on Tramell by a monster that loots

Safe
    1) When you are killed in Trammell (or wherever Trammell ruleset applies) by a monster that doesn't loot (can a person loot it from your corpse?)

Any other times that cursed items are at risk or times when I don't have to worry about them.

Thanks in advance.

2. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Your post is spot on, as far as I'm concerned...

I'd like to add the following though. While it's not particulary hard to get back to your corpse in a timely fashion, your cursed items are still at a certain risk. If you die for example in a very crowded spot, and if they're a vital part for your suit, you might have difficulties getting back to your corpse to loot them, since cursed items don't return to your backpack like insured or blessed items do...

Quick example: using a cursed Armor of Fortune for the 40% Lower Reagent Cost and not having spare reagents, will make casting spells to get back to the spot very hard...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It looks like you have it fairly well covered. The only thing I can add is, if a character is in the Thief guild, their body can be freely looted in Trammel and Felucca.

4. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Quick example: using a cursed Armor of Fortune for the 40% Lower Reagent Cost and not having spare reagents, will make casting spells to get back to the spot very hard...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I generally carry an insured arcane item... cloak is the easiest as doesn't take up a slot used up by most other useful items [​IMG]