1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When can I sell ingots back to NPCs for a fair price?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Kotan, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The vendors say it cost me 20 gp to buy an ingot, but will only pay 8 to get it back. Is this permanent or temp?

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That's retail for you :)

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Sellback will always be 8gp. They changed it due to an exploit to game that system.

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Actually, doesn't that price still go down, if they're sold enough of that item?
    I thought they effectively severed the connection between buy and sell prices, meaning the prices will never change favourably for the player.

Which poses the question, to any dev that reads.
    Whether the details are right, or not, wasn't this only supposed to be a temporary fix, to prevent an exploit?
    Where's our permafix? ;)

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I think that was the permafix. They didn't want players to be able to turn a profit off NPC's with no effort.

6. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it's a tempapermafix ... there was a post by Draconi back before the great server meltdown a few months ago about how the vendor buying/selling was found to be broken and under abuse by scripters. Until/unless a non-exploitable system can be worked out, vendors will henseforth have a minimum price they sell at which is higher than the maximum price they will buy at.