1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When did Ararat Shadowlord Artifact Drops become Brittle?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Parnoc, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As the title says, they now are Brittle and have just over 100 durability instead of how they were with 255 and no curses. As hard as this place is to do and as slow as the drops come this seems highly unfair.

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  2. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Didnt even realize that the brittle items from ararat have that low durability. Thought there are brittle and clean items, but the brittle have 255 durability which they dont have. 113 Durability is really quite low. Any dev can give an info about this?

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  3. Spock's Beard

It's especially galling considering how useless the artifacts are. Oh boy, even more PVM weapons with no leeches for me to ignore. The top recommended thread as I post this is Promathia begging them to make them less worthless a year ago.

Seriously, it AMAZES me how much the developers of this game absolutely hate making artifacts that are worth equipping.

MalagAste likes this.
  4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree and it happens with much of the other items that drop. I'm still trying to figure out just what template most of the Jewelery that drops is for... I get excited when I see 18+ SDI, with 1/3 or even 4 FCR sometimes they throw on some LRC or something but then it has something like 35 DI????? What am I damaging... I don't have tactics or anatomy or any weapon WHY do I want DI????? I'd much rather have something like Enhance Potions, DCI, MR, LMC, etc... and WHY would anyone want a "mage weapon".... without it being Spell Channeling????? What would be the point? I suppose the DI would be ok on some sort of warrior combination mage but not everyone carries a weapon... and honestly that DI is moot.

5. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So are you all telling me that this has always been this way? On UOGuide and Stratics the descriptions do not list Brittle and show the items with 255 durability.

6. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

It has been a while since I have done that boss (2 months) but I don't recall seeing any pieces less than 255. We did get brittle and cursed all the time though.

7. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They're talking about the Direct-to-pack drops (abhorrence, equivocation, pincer, capt-johne's blade, & craven), I've gotten about 35-40 of these every single one of them are brittle, global loot seems to have made these hard (impossible) to get clean anymore it seems.

8. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

The drops I've gotten are all 150-185 durability. Haven't seen any as low as 113.

I do agree that there are too many worthless drops that drop ALL the time. I would rather there be a few items that dropped VERY RARELY but were well worth it to use (similar to the drop rate on Slither, etc.).

9. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I wish more areas worked like Blackthorns. For instance:

Put up a turn in officer just outside the TOK... Turn in those stone dragons tooth, etc. With 100 turn-ins you can opt for one of the high tier rewards like a slither. Of course you could still get lucky and get one as a drop, or use your other drops for turn in points, but this would offer a viable path to getting some of the very rare drops if the RNG dislikes you.