1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When did poisoning

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

start giving you a evil laugh when you do it? No, I swear I'm not halucinating from working poisoning. I know I haven't worked it in a while but I SWEAR I don't ever remember any evil laugh. Sooo when did this slip in there? Maybe the Poltergiest: The Legacy marathon is messin with my head.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Evil laugh? Sure you're not mistaking that for the sprinkling sound of the poison? What client you using?

3. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

Its been doing the laugh sound for a while too for me,and im using ec,maybe it,s only the ec that has the new sound.

4. Ozymandies

Ozymandies Guest

I think it started with SA. Certainly just in the last year.

OZ

5. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I might be wrong but I think what you are hearing is from a gargoyle character around you or you are playing a gargoyle character. The sound seems to be coming from banksitting/afking gargoyle.

It seems like other than the air flip animation there's also a unique some effect that gargoyles do when they are not moving.

6. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I sitting in my house by my pot box. I am blue skin elf. no gargies around. I using 2d client, deadly poison and bread. :) its an odd sound indeed.

Thanks

Jirel

7. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have always heard it.

Then again, that might just be me.

8. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

That's been around for a long time. I think when they added the different levels of poison (AoS?).

It sounds like a muffled Shadowlord (the devil, whatever) laughing at you for doing something evil.

If you didn't hear it, I wonder if maybe it's supposed to work that way. My poisoner generally has high Karma, and he always hears it. Maybe a character who loses Karma to a certain level no longer excites the powers of evil into laughter. I dunno, it just sounds cool, heh.

9. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

It used to make the powder (POF) sound. A publish or two after SA was released is when the evil laugh (if that's what it sounds like to you) sound started for posioning (again?).

Q

10. Mairut

Mairut Guest

:lol: :thumbup1: (that's funny, thanks for the laugh)