1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When did they stop allowing gating faction guards?

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by JC the Builder, Jun 25, 2008.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I was surprised to find out yesterday that you could no longer gate faction guards. That was a nice tactic for getting guards into the front line quickly. Also it was fun to bring them to other locations and shock people for a few seconds before they returned to their original location.

2. Phyrra

Phyrra Guest

I think they did that years ago. Not sure. It was fun though. I remember people do it in mass quantities on Baja when factions first came out.

3. Dig

Dig Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I remember doing that. I also remember taking guards out of towns too. Boxing moongates (with people) back when you couldn't pick where you ended up.

so many tools to the faction player to make the game interesting. Of course the carebear dev team put an end to that. Pretty much killed factions with neglect and incompetence.