1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When did we stop having In-Game Support?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unfortunately both my sister and I had need of GM assistance tonight.

Sis paged because there was a "nasty" talking crap, cussing and being sexually graphic. It was number three that made her decide to page.

I paged because while hunting exodus dungeon the Overseers spawned in the white cube shaped thing. As you know no more will spawn till those are killed. Unfortunately they were unreachable with weapons, magic and pots.

Sis and I got the exact same canned message:

Makes me think that in game support is a thing of the past. :( Wish they'd given us the heads up. :(

Attached Files:

2. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

strange how you (and your "sister") always seem to attract the most foul-mouthed and sexually perverse players in this game...

also your ss means nothing given the initial page isn't produced to contextualize...

didn't you quit? :danceb:

/broccoli

3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That is the canned message that you will get most of the time, but I can tell you at least that the GM's are pulling people into jail and even perma banning people due to the language in general chat.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This.

What exactly do you expect for a response when paging on foul-mouthed players? They're not going to tell you if they are going to take the person to jail or let them go. They're certainly not going to pop up next to you just to tell you that they will be investigating it. They never do.

The response you got is good enough. Better than no response at all. People still get taken to jail for language so for all you know the person you paged on eventually got taken.

5. vexyvixen

vexyvixen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It's hard when things happen on the weekend that require paging a GM. If it's at all possible it's better to page during normal working hours. They respond pretty quickly during working hours. If you have a copy of the journal then maybe you can email it to them. You can also add the preson to ignore.

6. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

They are all busy hand painting masks. Try again Nov 13th.

7. wait ...

They BOTH get a GM response ... "identical" responses no less (same day)

and >that Is Proof< ... we stopped having In-Game Support?

[​IMG]

the world of recursive face palm is born ....

8. canary

canary Guest

x2

Yes, Jirel and this 'sister' do seem to have this issue a good deal.

9. popps

popps Always Present

How do we know it was not, simply, an "automated" reply ?

I can tell my experience, when I could not locate my ship because of the ship rune bug, over almost a week, EVERY DAY I renewed my page after daily maintainance (server down drops the paging...) and waited for a Game Master message but nothing at all.
    No sign of any life from any Game Master at all over many, many days and when my ship, due to a game mulfunctioning was in danger of vanishing, with all of its contents.

I even contacted EA support opening up a ticket only to be told that I needed in game support (sic !!) and there was hardly much that EA support could do........

Eventually, thanking to a tip from Petra I was able to find it myself but that does not excuse, by all means, IMHO, an in-game customer service which I found totally lacking and inexistant.

I too am suspecting that Ultima Online might no longer have any in game customer assistance, given my own personal experience.

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jirel, that what you got is the SAME TEXT MESSAGE that results from EVERY page for language, going back to at least 2003.

I don't know why you think you should get something different.

11. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

Every time i have ever paged, i got a name following "GM". Maybe it is the same message from long ago. Regardless, it seems they would have signed it like they do with every other response, even site referrals.

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Since they can't actually tell you what they are doing in situations like this, what response did you feel you should have gotten?

I don't honestly think there's much else they could have sent other than what they did.

13. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

Sadly, you cannot change how people speak ingame now, pvp abuse actually makes me laugh as i think it is rather pathetic and can only imagine what these "players" are like in real life, however, ignore is a wonderful tool, and IF this abuse is aimed at your sister, she can use ignore feature too, who cares, the great wonder of this game, is not knowing most of these players in real life (your choice), who cares what they say, ignore them, enjoy the game, my only wish really is if i ignore a player via the ignore feature in the EC client, i want the whole of that acct ignored, i do not want to speak to deal with or trade with the individual, not just the char he/she is on at the time

This is a feature everyone can enjoy, I know i am not everyone's cup of tea:) and they have the option to ignore me, i know i usually have popps on ignore here most of the time! his "IMHO" etc, i dont care for, have no time for, and so ignore when i wish!, unless you are "special" you will be exposed to unsavoury language just about everywhere in your daily walk of life, you cannot stop it, you have to choose to filter it out, if some stupid, fat, spotty teenager with no girlfriend thinks he's hard using adult words to offend, he will learn when he grows up, in this game we play, we have a choice to listen to it or ignore, just a shame we cannot when we go socializing:)

don't let them win, and certainly don't take the bait in game, ignore filter job done:)

so, in summary, ignore, move on, who cares :)

14. Ozzmandias

Ozzmandias Guest

*Ignores Jack*

15. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

see, it works:)

16. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

If there has to be a filter, it should be done fantastic mr. fox style

[youtube]jJP31ZiUgeM[/youtube]

17. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I was stuck in Star Room - an object was stuck on the thing to get out blocking access to leave. Not only did I get the exact same response (no GM name), but they left me there, so I had to page Again!
    anything 'submitted upstream' as a potential Bug/problem gets that msg i think.

Maybe that NEW GUY will fix that, i know I'd want/Demand support for a product I was in charge of. (dreamers)

18. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

I think you get a canned response on the first try like 80% of the time, then you reword your request and maybe get help on the second or third try.

19. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You got a response to your page, what more do you want?

They have NEVER told us the results of pages and I doubt they ever will. The fact that you got a response at all indicates to me that at least someone is looking into the situation.

Honestly, I fail to see what you're even complaining about.

20. Capn Kranky

Capn Kranky Guest

x 3 ... awesome nasty-magnets.

21. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed

2007?

22. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I can vouch that they are still there.. When I am fishing and run into a sunken ship/floating cannons, I page with coordinates and a quick request to have them removed.. I rarely get an answer back but within thirty minutes or so the obstacles are removed.

23. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Depends on what you consider foul-mouthed & sexually perverse.

There are players who just can't resist very thinly veiled sexual references, or what, from the other player's response, are not appreciated comments. If the other player does the same back, then they should keep it off chat and go someplace private, as in "get a room!". If the other player doesn't give the same back, it's harassment.

Personnally I don't care to hear it myself in non private situations. I travel through life along the inner edge of the sidewalk, not wandering on & off the curb into the gutter.

There are children which play this game and see that garbage.

24. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Far easier to use the "stuck" feature and within a short time you get moved to a town of your choosing

25. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

x3. Was also my first thought. Maybe the gm team flags frequent pagers.

26. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I am sure that you and this "sis" person kindly asked the people chatting to stop, right? This global chat thing is really hard to avoid it's certainly not like you can't filter words or even block people and you stuck using it all the time with not a single option to leave the chat. Personally I really dislike having to hear people not talking smack and acting all nice. Sadly there is no option to boot those people from chat and the GM's never respond to my pages about unsolicited sales pitches even if I ask them to leave me alone, it's harrasment I tells ya.

27. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

gms never come down and talk to you like they did years ago, if you page them to fix something they just fix it while invisible, also they use the same gms for warhammer, dark age of camelot and UO, unfortunately most of the GMs don't realize there is a difference between the 3 games

28. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The GMs are there, you need to Word your issues right, and one Will show up or assist you as they did before.

I had an issue with my boat a while back , It decayed because i didnt play that char for a couple weeks, and it wouldnt allow me to place a new boat because i couldnt take my "decayed boat" out of the water.

I had to page 3 different times wording it differently each time, I guess they send the canned message if its not explained well enough for the to understand what exactly is the problem.

note - This issue was fixed in the following patch.