1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] When do i leave the shore

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Remo_Williams, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Remo_Williams

Remo_Williams Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

New fisher on legends here. Went from 29 to 55 yesterday and things have slowed down alot. Nice gains on the day though. When should I move from land to the ships? Thanks all

2. Lady Tia

Lady Tia Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There is a sticky at the top of this forum on how to gain fishing. But here is some info:

0-30 Skill: If you haven't started a character with 50 Fishing you can buy up to 30 from a Fisher near docks.
    30-75 Skill: Between these values you will need to fish shallow water, At docks or coastlines.
    75-120 Skill: Between these values you will need to fish in deep water, Buy a boat from a Shipwright and sale out of Dock and fish. A good spot is east of Moonglow, You can sail North/South without hitting any islands.

The crystal ball of knowledge obtained from the mystic at Tel Mur is very helpful for fishing. It tells you if where you are fishing at is the right level. Need to stay at optimal.

Obtain the following Mysticism reagents: Dragon's Blood and Daemon Bone - and give them to Ortlem for your reward.

3. Remo_Williams

Remo_Williams Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ughh... The magic number is 75 then.. Thanks for the help. Any tips or tricks at all? Should i just plant myself and fish or are there any sweet spots for gains? Just curious if anything would speed things along or not.

4. Remo_Williams

Remo_Williams Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

sorry double posted

5. Remo_Williams

Remo_Williams Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

55 to 61 was smooth as silk.. Sine 61 its been very slow. Would moving to another town help?

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Get one of those skill balls and always fish where it says it is challenging.

7. Remo_Williams

Remo_Williams Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ok thanks.. I havent seen those.. Ill check it out.