1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest! On January 27th Stratics will be brought down for an extended maintenance period. This period may take upwards of 12 hours to complete. Please check the thread in the Announcements forum for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

When do we get our skin color back?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Parnoc, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok, I'm tired already of being a dark purple gargoyle, I want my original skin color back! And my elves are really gettin' sick of that lavender too. The devs said there would be something done to remedy this, where's it at? Haven't seen a single thread about this, am I the only one?

2. canary

canary Guest

IIRC they have holiday over there until the New Year, so don't expect a fix until 2010.

3. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The same thing happen to me and I summited a bug report. I got the impression that it did not effect a huge number of player or most people picked dark colors for their chars and didn't notice the change. If it happened to you please summit the bug report.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

This affected gargoyles and elves who logged in after a certain patch. Another patch was released to prevent it from happening further, but the devs were not able to remedy the situation entirely. They stated that they planned to released some type of item that would allow us to re-hue our affected characters, though there has been no word on this since.

The bottom line is, it happened to virtually everyone with an elf and/or gargoyle and the devs are aware of the situation.

5. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

How do I submit a bug report, I don't use EC. I realize they have a holiday, I was just trying to figure out if this was just a small amount of players that this happened to since I'd seen no threads about it. My small friends and family guild have 7 accounts with multiple characters of gargoyles and elves on each account that this affected.

6. Taylor

7. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Thanks Syrus, sent my report.

8. Dolphoenix

Dolphoenix Guest

I haven't seen any gargs not affected by this. thank goodness my elf is still a nice blue

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Thank gods I was unable to log in during that!

10. Taylor

The interesting thing about gargoyles is that only some were affected. Moreover, some were fixed by the subsequent update, whereas some were not. My gargoyle turned a royal purple color, but his skin pigment returned to normal after the fix. Some folks' gargoyles are still purple.

11. Lil' Lucien

Lil' Lucien Guest

If you did not log in the susceptible chars during the affected patch time then those chars went unaffected. At least that's the case with my accounts.

12. Dolphoenix

Dolphoenix Guest

my garg turned purple after the patch that was supposed to fix that issue :(
    Specifically, I was playing, server went down for patch.. came back up, and boom. He looks like freakin Barney now.

13. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The patch stopped it from happening for those who hadn't already logged in, it didn't fix those people who were already purple.

14. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

beauty is only skin deep.

15. My gargoyle is also still purple, instead of the darkred I selected at creation.

16. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Same for me JL, I was dark red before, hmm, i've talked to several people that turned purple and they were dark red before too. I wonder if it was just that color that was affected and not fixed by the patch.

17. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The fix that went it just before Christmas stopped the color change from happening to anyone else, but if you had already had your color changed it did not fix it and you are still the wrong color. Supreem (UO Dev) explained that they will release a way for those of us that have had our color changed to change our color back, but that has not been released yet. We are stuck with the wonky color until that time.

Keep in mind that a lot of people were logging in to claim their holiday tickets and many of us were doing it at a quick pace and did not notice the change until we logged in again and looked.

To recap: if your Gargoyle or Elf is a different color than the one you picked when you created them the Dev's are aware and are working on a way to change your color back. The fix that was released only stopped the problem from happening to more people, but did nothing to fix the ones already changed.

18. yeah my garg was red too. and it would be nice if they would give us some sort of time frame on a fix for it. i got like 8 or 9 other elf chars that are a wussy purple too. for some reason this bug is particularly annoying. i cant quite put my finger on it, but to keep looking at my gargoyle in that weird shade of blue that i did NOT choose pisses me off just a lil bit each time i log that char in. fix it soon pls. thx.

...peace

19. xapcx

xapcx Guest

i agree, it is very annoying... i have not logged in on my gargoyle this entire xmas break cause hes freaking ugly. my new pasty purple elf is my main, so i have been suffering through the ugly color. im still waiting for the fix!