1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] When does unravelling skill gain typically stop?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Obsidian, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I'm collecting loot from Miasma and unravelling it. So far my imbuer is in the low 60s and gaining well from unravelling. At what point should I expect to need to transition to actually imbuing items for skill gain? Just trying to understand the latest imbuing dynamics with publish 63. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's slowed down for me at 78.

3. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Thank you, Shellybean. And at that point you started expending residue to actively train imbuing?

-OBSIDIAN-

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've gained pretty steady until 85.2, but now I am down to 2-4 gains per full bag of Swoop Loot.

If I could go back and redo it, I would have started with Swoop loot and then moved onto the stuff I had been stockpiling for months (which included alot of runic made stuff).

I am tempted to bust a couple of barbed runics and unravel to see how much I gain.

5. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I don't know if this is what I should be doing, but I'm setting aside all items (rings, weapons, armor) with 5 modifications so that I may unravel them later after gains stop. I'm hoping either they will unravel to better items (frag/essence) or provide extra skill gain at that time.

6. eric23

eric23 Guest

I still got gains from unraveling at 118, however that was receiving a relic for my efforts to.

7. Obsidian

Yeah, I got a random unravelling gain this morning at 100.4. I stopped unravelling for gains at 70 and started actively training at that point. Good to know I can take it past 80 if I decided to train imbuing again on another shard. Not sure I want that self-induced pain, but I might just be crazy enough to try it. :)

-OBSIDIAN-