1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When GMs Could Still Talk

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by xetic2, Sep 10, 2009.

1. xetic2

xetic2 Guest

It's been a long time since the days of unmoderated forum postings, but MAYBE this one of mine won't get deleted too fast. Especially since the board description says EA doesn't participate here....

Do you remember the days GM's would talk to you when in jail? If so, you are old.....

Did you know that an American loses his constitutional rights when he signs up to play UO? Most people aren't aware of that, so I figured I would share with you a small bit that I have held for many years just waiting for a place to post it where it doesn't get instantly deleted. =]

Please forgive the mspaint quality, was many years ago this was taken...

[​IMG]

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is a GAME, not real life. You agreed to the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct when you signed up for this game. Constitutional rights are pointless in a GAME. If you break those rules your account will be in trouble.

3. xetic2

xetic2 Guest

LOL, quick with the defense of the GMs! It's pretty obvious some actions are going to get you in trouble. The picture is not a personal attack on someone doing their job, merely pointing out the improper handling of a response to a statement given by the accused =]

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not trying to defend the GM or anyone. Just commenting on that ridiculous statement about constitutional rights in a game, lmao.

5. Setanta

Setanta Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The lands in UO are different countries on a different world as can be seen by the presence of 2 moons. The terms of service are the constitution there. If you were to visit a different country IRL, you would be subject to their laws and constitution as well.

6. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Umm lol is this a serious post? If you act like a moron or cheat in the game, you get banned (or better yet, IP banned) It is well within their rights to do that as it is THEIR servers. Next time read the rules before you get your butt tossed in the slammer. Do you and Popps hang out?

7. hakeem

hakeem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Roflmao.

8. I see nothing improper about the way he treated you, you done wrong so you go bye bye :party:

Kinda pointless talking about "Constitutional" rights in a game imo :twak: