1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When I Die I'd like Items to pop ON top of my RuneBOOKs etc

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Siabra, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Currently, when I die, the items from my body that are insured pop UNDER items in my backpack- such as my runebooks etc

is there anyone else who has this problem?

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, I have also had this problem occasionaly. Usually happens to jewelry and the like. Easiest method I have found to solve it is (providing you use UOAssist) is to set up a dress and arm macro. With the press of a button UOA equips a list of pre-selected items no matter where they are in my pack.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

It's par for the course, I've also had them show in not visible in the pack at all. One thing that I think would fix this is the ability to use a grid type pack similar to KR and what UO:3D had in the 2d client.

4. envinyatar

envinyatar Guest

GAH!! no grid pack please!! that would be terrible. just set up a macro with uoassist or add the ability to have this macro in the actual client..

5. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Yeah this is another annoying bug that has been part of UO forever. Remember back when you res'ed and your pack was all random? Runebooks and all. That REALLY sucked.

Maybe after you die there could be uniquely colored 'worn items' pack inside the regular pack. I dunno. Sounds basically like an engineering thing to me. Could be very difficult to do, could be easy.

6. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

For 2D a grid/regular hybrid pack would be cool. A grid for items like runebooks and stuff that I always have and always use, then the messy part of the pack for anything I pick up or whatever.

7. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Shouldnt be too hard to configure they would just need to select all insured/blessed items to be at top of pack and not allow them to overlap (ie no runebook on top of insured/blessed item) but since its not pixel crap dont expect this to come anytime soon hehe :D

8. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I 'm sorry - I forgot to say that I do use UOA to "dress" however - you can have more on now - with the nightsight earrings" than UOA has ( evidently) the slots to "dress you in ...

as a rule my earrings or sometimes my old sandles go UNDER things - like my runebooks etc