1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When is a Level 12 Not a level 12

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SilentFoxXy, Jun 7, 2008.

1. SilentFoxXy

SilentFoxXy Guest

Artifacts Level 10 and 11 = 10,000pts

So we asked:-
    "Do the artifacts that drop in the Anti-Virtue dungeons count as 10,000 point artifacts in Spring Cleaning?"
    Reply:-
    Yes - they're labeled as Level 11 artifacts, after all. (Note: The Virtue Armor and other special items that drop via the same system but are NOT labeled "Artifact Level 11" can NOT be turned in for points at all.)

Brilliant, bit of sense there.

Artifacts Level 12 = 25,000pts In Black and White
    NOT Ruined Painting - 25,000 but Artifacts Level 12 = 25,000pts

Publish 52 hand In Points-

Staff of Pyros 2,500pts
    Vorpal Blade 2,500pts
    NOTE:- These LEVEL 12s are actually valued LOWER than -
    Ophidian Weapon (Power) 3,500pts
    Berserker's Scythe 10,000pts

So, Staff Of Pyros Artifact Level 12, Vorpal Blade Artifact Level 12, Beserker Schythe Artifact Level 12.

Ah, no they're not, even though they say they are??

They will retain their inital hand in value of 2,500 for the Pyros and the Vorpal, and 10,000 for the Beserker.

OK, so what else is Artifact Level 12??

I handed in exactly 70 Staff Of Pyros's, 50+ Vorpals and @ 30 beserkers at first hand in.

I know from many many other posts that a lot of folk handed in more than this, some indeed a load more.

OK, so it may just be down to another typo, another non playing dev maybe, or simply an error, but if -

An Offical QUOTE from FoF -
    "Do the artifacts that drop in the Anti-Virtue dungeons count as 10,000 point artifacts in Spring Cleaning?"
    Yes - they're labeled as Level 11 artifacts, after all.

Surely,?? then Staff Of Pyros Artifact Level 12, Vorpal Blade Artifact Level 12, Beserker Schythe Artifact Level 12 are Level 12 artifacts they're labeled as Level 12 artifacts, after all.

I really think more thought should have been applied, and those who handed in LEVEL 12 artifacts, the HIGHEST level artifact in the game, for 2,500 and 10,000 should be given a huge bonus, apology.

Ok, so these items dropped by the cart load, in ONE event. They are now probably as rare as DoDo after we all did what we were meant to and Spring Clean, and hand them in like nice lil girls n boys.

If they were not LEVEL 12 why were they labelled as Level 12 artifacts, after all.

Must be simple enough to see who handed in what and reimburse, or maybe see a little sense and anyone who handed in more than 10 of these items be given, I don't know, how about a PBD to say oops, we're sorry.

2. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think more clarity would have been a true blessing when it comes to this turn in.
    The whole thing was/is wrapped in confusion about values, items and rewards. If there had been a clear list of well balanced items before the turn in even started, people would have known how to act and what to do. Which would have been way more fair. Now people will feel 'screwed over' because they lost out a lot.

Some discussion with players before the turn in would have solved the many issues that keep arising.

Basically a fun thing turned into a negative thing.

3. Beerman72

Beerman72 Visitor

The berzerkers scythe, staff of pyros, and vorpal blade are indeed all level 12 artifacts. To avoid any confusion the live team split up these three and assigned them thier own values seperate from the other level 12's. (level 12 on item will not trump the point system levels...so the pyros and vorpal blade will remain 2500, and the scythe will retain its 10000 point value.)

btw OP...ur dragon dont look so good. done all i can to help the poor fellow out.

4. SilentFoxXy

SilentFoxXy Guest

I know I get your explanation, my point being, if a Level 11 is worth 10,000......

And the exact wording of a previous answer- Yes - they're labelled as Level 11 artifacts, after all.

Surely a Level 12 labelled is better than a level 11. Yes - they're labelled as Level 12 artifacts, after all.

And ty :) My lil fella has been lookin ill since day one, and even with all the love hes still green round the gils:) but ty for trying:)

5. Saris

Saris Guest

turn ins and any thing profit related or item related is subject to lose or gain, this instablilty is needed for market growth lol

We were told the scores and items that can be turned in will change with pub43, maybey you should have just waited huh.

6. Saris

Saris Guest

try a cursed arti, I bet its 10k on pub43 :)

7. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I personally don't care. I had millions of points regardless of the new tiers.
    I am just stating that if people work hard for a game, I think they do deserve clear answers on things that highly impact parts of the economy. I disagree that instabilities are needed for market growth. There might be some shifts, but the economy won't really grow. Not quantity-wise anyway.
    Actually they stated that no major changes would be added in future tiers.

8. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:bdh:...............nuff said.

9. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Those 3 should never of had the rarity level of 12. They became much more common than the Ruined Paintings and it just confuses people. They should have been rarity 11, which is a special designation for artifacts that spawn from creatures.

10. MaryForUo

MaryForUo Sage

i agree, too common to be lvl 12!!

11. THP

THP Stratics Legend

I agree fully too...far to common..and lets be frank evn the OP said he handed in 70 of each..and others supposidly said they had handed in far more....mmmmm.....well how common is that...

I think the devs have got it right 2500 points is good, its about the same rarity as the new vanguard swords and shileds i guess so worth the same point value....

12. SilentFoxXy

SilentFoxXy Guest

Oh I quite agree, as of 4 weeks ago, Vorpals and Pyros were in abundance.

However, someone decided to affix level 12 status.

Fast forward 3 years, now how much are they worth??

After they were ALL handed in at tier One of the hand in session.

They are not dropping again, now methinks, and would humbly suggest, that they are 'Quite rare' now.

After all, we cant go and get one now can we.......Or Can we

Point being, whatever we think , they were given Artifact 12 ratings, and , as such, should be treated as level 12 artifacts.

Beserkers, may probably continue to drop during this event, and as such are probably (imho) not worth the 10,000, whereas Pyros and vorpals NOW probably are.

My whole thread being based on the statement- Well they do have the level 12 affixed to them after all....;)
    Its just a game, but if one is good for the goose, then it should be good for the gander.....blah blah , Butt, Butt.....

Yes - they're labeled as Level 11 artifacts, after all.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!