1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When is something going to be done about Faction points?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JC the Builder, Apr 3, 2009.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Here is a really nice question that should have been in a Five on Friday within the past ~5 months.

Some players on Asian shards obviously worked out a system which lets them rack up millions of points in a short amount of time. The top player has 1,711,261,742 and the 20th has 14,443,443. Nothing has been done and I hadn't heard of any changes related to points, so theoretically this stunt could be pulled on Western shards as well. Some people used to enjoy going to the faction rankings site each day and seeing who was on top. It is never moves anymore.

When is something going to be done about this? The quickest solution is probably a complete faction point wipe and removing these 2x and 3x bonuses so it can't happen again. If you want to keep the bonuses make them +2 or +5 so you can't game the system using multiplication.

2. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I agree, but I think it would be better if they kept the war zones and put a cap on the amount of points that can be attained. Maybe at 250 points or something and at 100 you are guaranteed rank 10. Just my input, feel free to state an opposition.

3. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How about just capping how many points you can acquire in a day?

4. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

Then it becomes a race and a chore to login each day and "earn" your maximum amount of points. Points are supposed to represent kills, not how much you can farm.

The bonuses have to go because they negate the removal of points from the system.

5. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Since this is technically a PvP problem...... I'd say you got about another year..year and a half before someone even starts looking at it.

Now if it was a coin stuck in a box or some other mediocre problem, they would bring down the shards right now.

Good luck and don't hold your breathe.

6. Larry

Larry Guest

While they are at it remove recent kills.

7. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Frankly, there are plenty of people who could do that on western shards. we don't. Nobody cares, it's worth nothing.

8. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I know exactly how to do it exactly with minimum accounts required. Its also highly scriptable after its been setup.

Its extremely slow at first but then it grows exponentially.

To be honest, I am disgusted by how easy this could be done.
    I talked to a friend on asuka on why they did it, he said its a faction made character in the two other factions and jack up the points on their mules (in enemy factions) to raise the percentile so MAKE SURE that their enemies dont get to use high rank faction items. In order to retailiate they did the same... you get the idea. He even offered me to bring back 90000 points for killing his char with 300000 points and xfer it back "to get a jump start" to any western shard to point farm... good friend but I rejected his invitation. Why? because points will be wiped by xfering anyways but he didnt know that... rofl

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

JC, why do you care what is done in factions on the Asian shards?...la

10. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You and your friend don't know anything. When you xfer off a shard, you lose faction affiliation. Unless there has been a change, these be the rules of new quahog.

11. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

Because the top 20 global guild and player rankings are all Asian mules.

12. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

reread my post. i think you missed the last a few lime. sigh smartasses.

13. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

[​IMG]