1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When is this stupid faction event ending?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gwendar-SP, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

It has been going on for over two months? When is it ending so I can play again?

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Everyone else seems to be playing just fine. . .

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Why can't you play? I am. The event only affects faction towns, not the rest of the uo world.

I stock my little Siege moonglow shop, I mine for ingots, I craft, I buy stuff in Zento. My crafters have had no contact with the event spawn. Only my tamer and warrior on Europa have met these forces, because I took them out *to* meet them. It's been going on for a while, it's true, but it's avoidable if you don't want to take part.

4. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

I have a store near vesper that is affected. I was not looking forward to going through all my rune books and removing the faction towns. I am so used to being able to run into vesper or other faction towns for various reasons. The event is annoying and I'm on strike.

The imbalancing faction items are bad enough.

5. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So. . .the game is not allowed to have events that might affect your daily play routine??

I guess we'll see you when you get sick of EVE

6. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

The game has had many disrupting events. None as extensive as this one tho.

7. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

It needs to end so it makes guarding sigils worth while. You don't need any more reasons than that. This even has hurt Factions.

8. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

might be a very very long strike

9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I ahve to agree...even for my little chars, the event hasn't stopped them from being able to work.

Ya need a smith shop, or a tailor shop? Nujelm comes to mind.
    Need regs? try Luna, or Jhelom for quite a few things.

Mining, resource gathering, etc, should be (as far as I have seen) totally unaffected, as the spawns are mostly in town anyway.

I understand you ahve some unique obstacles due to your shard...if travel is a real problem you may have to team up with someone :)

10. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm on Atlantic and I've yet to even find a town in my daily goings that actually are under attack. I kindof find it funny that theres these massive invasions going on and they haven't affected me in the least.

11. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I love posts like this.

-Galen's player

12. Well I wish they go back to blocking recalls/gates/logging in cities under attack! I like going to certain cities, and hate recalling into a war zone on my crafter.

13. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think they intend for the faction event to ever end. In fact, I believe a Dev had posted and told us to "think of it as more of a game addition"... which sort of sucks, since now it's so difficult to hold a town, place vendors, milk the vendors before having to defend the town all over again.

14. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

He is talking about the faction-related monster invasion thing I believe, which is suppose to end. The shorter sigil timers are also suppose to end the same time the invasions will end. Unfortunately the end will probably be when the next publish comes, which no one has an idea of when it will come.

When the devs were saying "think of it as more of a game addition" they were referring to the faction artifacts.

Edit: The short sigil timers were only implemented for the invasions. If they never shortened the sigil timers the invasions would suck horribly. Finding an invasion would have been next to impossible for some people.

15. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

there is a next phase coming with more dragons and prob more robust invasion.

Get over it and learn to work out of towns not under attack for a few.

As for the timers on the sigs yes it is sad but again if they were left at normal in=vasion would only happen evey 6 days or so.

16. canary

canary Guest

GL hasnt had a city invasion in god knows how long... come on over.