1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

When was this changed to Fishing ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Dec 23, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been trying to find the pertaining info but have not been able to.

I used to be able to gain fishing skill when using crabs and lobsters traps.

Now, after I got my 110 PS and have been working on fishing past 105, I have been able to gain skill using regular fishing but NOT using traps for crabs and lobsters.

When was this changed, is there any official info about it or is this a bug and I am supposed to indeed gain in fishing skill when using traps like I used to ?

Thanks.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

where are you fishing? I found that I needed to be in deep water whether I was fishing with rod or traps. No gains close to shore.

3. popps

popps Always Present

Hmmm, that could be the reason then, thanks for the hint. I do am using them near shore....

4. I think when you ate the 110. Conspiracy!

5. popps

popps Always Present

Nope, not the reason either.

I have just been doing some 400 worth of crabs and lobs in Deep Waters and did not get one single skill gain.

I used to be able to gain without problems when fishing with traps but no longer.

So, I have to ask again, was this changed intentionally (and is this explained somewhere...) or is this merely an inadverted bug due to some other changes to fishing ?

Thanks.

6. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The RNG is working fine for me. I progressed from 105 to 107.5 in about 5 hours of lobster fishing in the two days after getting my 110 scroll (this week). Most people are on the RNG system, but a few may be on the much rarer PNG.

7. popps

popps Always Present

Hmmm... deep sea trap fishing, exclusively, or also shore trap fishing ?

8. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Being as I made a new char to do fishing I was using a ball of knowledge. Cant catch fish in Lava yet so I cannot speak for that but it may have something to do with the fact that there is NOWHERE you can fish for crabs and lobsters where it is harder than EASY.

If you were training taming at 100 plus would you still be taming Polar Bears?

9. WELL maybe at 110 you are so skilled you cant gain anymore throwing a mere 100 GM fishing trap in the water.

10. popps

popps Always Present

Well, whether I throw a line in a dungeon and catch a dungeon fish, or by the shore to catch a shallow fish or in deep water to catch a deep water fish they all require the same action and time......

Are you perhaps saying that past a certain level one gains only fishing dungeon fish or rare fish ?

11. You are in new waters. As you approach 120, rather then scripting fishing in deep sea for 120, a player has to go to more difficult tasks.

Just like a blacksmith.

I bet that is what is going on.

12. Fermi

Fermi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I am trap fishing. 5 min ago I went from 109.8-109.9 so you can still gain from traps.

13. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

Next time use the search option to find out if you are doing something wrong.

14. Babble

Babble Guest

Bah, what are stratics forums and posters for? :p