1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

where are Doom adventurers?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Touzoko, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this one has seen repeated postings for the purchasing of shadow dancer leggings. It is open market- and people are looking and willing to pay. Much gold could be made by person or persons willing to brave horrors of that abyss.
    Are there no brave adventurers left on Siege? Has every player so much gold they are no longer willing to brave terrors and make adventurers to obtain precious metal?

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

It's a boring PvM location I suppose. I do miss the days when it was filled with players to steal from. I haven't run into many over the last couple of years...la

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

no- sadly is always empty when I go look.
    Gone are brave souls willing to face perils of Doom.

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Many have moved on to other perils...la

5. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

I used to check it every once in a while when I first got here. Not a soul every time.

I figure the faction gear keeps them out these days.

6. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know when i used to spend hours and hours a week down there soloing it i would ghost the bell, fight the monsters by the teleporters to see if someone stealthed into the room and my archer had spirit speak which was useful for seeing if you were being ghosted. All in all i never personally lost any of the many artifacts i got to a raid or thief, god bless DF's and their massive aoe reveal :)

7. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

sooo- are you the brave warrior that is willing to return to Doom and earn huge fortune? Many people have baited their breathing waiting for such a person!

8. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Problem is there really isn't a huge market... there is a small one but there are easier ways of making gold at the moment then farming for hours and maybe getting an artifact.

9. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

but not just gold!
    Fame!
    Glory!!!!!
    Honor!!!!!!
    Respect!!!!!!!

all that IN ADDITION to gold!!

They will sing songs!! Your name will never die!

10. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

I wish it was still like that :(

11. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes.
    Everything in world changes all time- but this one does not see any improvement changes, only worsening.

12. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I sadly agree with Pwn.

Remember when you killed your first monster? Ran your first dungeon?

Magic times.

13. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I miss playing this game for nothing more than the pride of smashing the opposing guild. Running out with GM armor, maybe some force-vanq weaps or a little fort/invul tossed in there, some MR items and going at it for HOURS in Nu'jhelm or Shame etc. I really do miss the old UO, the items are exciting, much more than killing lich's for hours for gold....but the feeling just isn't the same? Anyone remember the feeling you got if you killed balrons for hours and hours and got a silver/vanq broadsword, which sold for.... 500, 600k? Back when 600k meant you had a house on a server that was so full of housing your chances of placing were 0. That is what I miss :(

14. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I remember dying for the first time on UO. I went grey looting something and an MiM member on Chessy killed me.

The reason no one goes to Doom anymore is:

Dark Father Blood oath. Let one do this and then you conc blow it with EOO, consecrate weap, and DI on. Instant dirt nap. The introduction of faction arties were the final nail in the coffin. Who wants to do 5 rounds of doom for an item you can get after 6 hours of farming?

15. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I agree Speedy.

Ive got some of that nostalgia just now, re-starting on Siege is fun. Ive got no items, no skills and no almost no one, its odd, but its nice.

Truth be told, i think Doom would be ok, i dont really enjoy PvM but a bunch of strangers meeting together to do a hunt?

*shrug*

I dunno, the magic is gone, and i do sometimes miss running around seeing no one (i am a thief! ;) ) but there just isent anything like UO, i often envy people i know who play WoW and after so many years still get excited at guild raids and events, but then i remember WoW isent ten years old...

Ah well...at least UO is still open.

16. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

The Dark Father isn't hard to kill. You can kill him with 1 archer and 1 tamer if you know what you're doing.

With that being said, don't expect the 15 people that still play on this shard to go farming for stuff that was made largely obsolete with the faction gear...

17. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

that's right. . . .

and, it's a boring grind

18. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I been to doom like 50 times since it opened and i never got anything I think the place is a ok if you like to kill monsters but it you want an item it a waste of time

19. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just wait until Stygian Abyss is out and get someone to make you something better than Shadow Dancer's since there will be the 'make your own arti' creator included with each copy of SA.

20. Rykus

Rykus Guest

Yep, magic times indeed. Will be 10 yrs ago next month for me. I'm not necessarily expecting that Darkfall will be like UO was back then, but I do hope that it will at least be pleasantly reminiscent, if nothing else.

If you haven't seen this already:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=2720030#post2720030

I'm not trying to convince anyone to leave Siege in any way. I sincerely hope it lives long and prospers. This is just an FYI to those interested in the pre-order, and might not have seen this.

21. Queen Amy

Queen Amy Guest

Alas, my computer can't handle Darkfall.

Here's hoping it will be able to handle Stygian Abyss!

22. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Stygian Abyss is going to be available for 2D too, so no worries if you can't run the SA client.