1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the Reporters?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, May 10, 2009.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

In the month and a half since the last front-page Stratics item, we've had a major war start among guilds.. this is quite newsworthy seeing as how most other battling has been reduced to rubble (I've read several posts denoting how faction pvp is non-existant now, but if I'm wrong this does not ruin the entire thread).

We need active reporters.. or active moderators who will put this sort of news on the Stratics front page. Nothing says a dead shard like no news. Granted when I started the news hadn't been updated for 5 months, but the more active a shard appears to be, the more active it will be.
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Mods don't have access to the News program to post it to the front page. Anyone willing and able to write news pieces is welcome to apply. AirmidCecht and Watchertoo are the two news admins.
  3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 7, 2008
    It sounds like a fun job, but I haven't the time. This is a bump- someone with the time and creativity should step up and fill in, if they do. Sweeney is right.
  4. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Yeah, you don't actually have to be a reporter to submit a news item. Just write out a decent sounding report and submit to news admins. I managed to do this ( after some bumbling on my part, admittedly ) last year on Drachs.
  5. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    Come on Sweeney...sign up for the job...la
  6. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 28, 2006
    If only I could remember my account info!!!
  7. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

iv meeb could write meeb would.....
  8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I would except for being KOS almost anywhere outside of towns. Hence my numerous diguises.

[edit] But we are all fooling ourselves if we think a one-time event with millions in prizes will get new players. It takes a consistent presence.. maybe that means regular player run events, regular war battles. No offense to those that had one-shot events for new players (NEW players only events come to mind), but that's not the solution. Considering our entire player base is dependent on siphoning off prodo players, we need more. [/edit]
  9. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

I propose a weekly tournament type brackett system
    Anyone who wants to be involved gets a ranking then only way to advance is to kill somone with a better score... thus see where i am going???
    dexxers mages all in the same pot challenge type thing you could do a news report with all the challenges then the new leader board ext
    Lets see who the top 25 pvpers are on the shard

sorry sounds fun to me anyway dont guess there would be any reward other than the ranking itself. Make a name for your self kinda shat hehe
  10. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

sounds kinda highlander-ish to me ....but I like it.....
  11. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

That's the kind of thing I mean.. we don't need big prizes. Sadly my bagball league washed out with my final design projects, but in a few weeks I can set it up.
  12. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

You know i was hoping for a highlanderish college sport vibe all in the same idea woot
  13. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 28, 2000
    We have them but they are rl busy. Otto oft had health issues and Luka rl issues busy. But I do know both had to learn the peculiar system Stratics used for *NEWS* and it's reporters something called newspro program or something that is complex if not archaic at times.

YOU could learn that. I never signed up cuz while at times I have time...not in the mood to learn computer geek stuff complex or simple even, for reporting should be done with the tools or don't do it ..probably too much bs to try to at my age !

So go for it....it is siege not like folks reading here can not pk our mods so they would kill or attack any one anyhow even reporters of Siege ! :) Big hairy deal...if ya feel we need a 3rd or 4th yet reporter SIGN UP learn the official Stratics newpro bs and go for it. :) Or just do news without theuse of stratics reporters right to use them...official bracets and you should be ok.