1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where Are They?

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by imported_Dark Nova, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Every other shard seems to be having the same problems. FL or the Empire of the Fallen Lords have been terrorizing every other shard but why not Great Lakes? I have scouted their immense numbers and wondered why they havent come here to fight with BC yet? Factions seems to be alive and well, but yew gate is either over populated with blues or on a complete lockdown. Last night UOD seemed to have a complete lockdown on the gate, anyone who came 5 tiles out of guardzone ended up face down. Saturday 2 necro mages imhotep and phage were able to hold off 5 or 6 blues by themselves until they called in more people and then KTFO seemed to have control of the gate with frost fuel and solonar skywalker

2. controling the gate is like controling diarrhea. Just when you think you got it under control and relax a moment... OOOPS i need to change my drawers.
    With that being said i think we see its pretty much pointless to try. Even more pointsless to want to brag about sucessfully doing it.

3. DaphneJoan

DaphneJoan Guest

FL did come here a couple years ago. A lot of their members are pacific zone and had some lag issues and what not.

4. With the fights i have been seeing between them and FO_O the lag would probably be much less on Great Lakes because theres far less players there. With the numbers BC has been fielding compaired to FO_O the lag shouldnt be nearly as bad. But i could always be wrong, i was just wondering why they havent come to GL because they hit the other major pvp shards alot.

5. Once they dominated the shard, they left. *snort*

6. I wish FL would come here, more action is always good!!

7. FL dominates shards that have much less to take over.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

FL has always had Pacific as their home shard. When FL went to Origin over a year ago it was by invitation from BTH the local pvp guild running the shard. After a 9 month battle for Origin FL came out the victor and BTH disbanded leaving the shard the ghost town that it is. We then spent the last 3 months with an advanced scouting party on Sonoma checking out the "action" and it was decided at that point we would get very good fights out of the locals. Within 2 weeks of our arrival on Sonoma the shard has gone into hiding and now spawns at 2 am.

Both shards were chosen because they were west coast and because they provided at the time the greatest potential for activity. We are now in the process of planning and developing characters for transfer to a 4th shard. The guild invested 250 million for the colonization of Sonoma. We no longer tour shards rather set up colonies to provide us the greatest potential for raiding/fights.

A colonization to the east coast is certainly something we would consider now that our player base has quite a few east coast players in it. I guess the question lightning is would pwnt leave yew gate to fight us? We have scouted GL just not sure that there is a guild here that will have the numbers to be able to put up a fight.

9. <blockquote><hr>

I guess the question lightning is would pwnt leave yew gate to fight us<blockquote><hr>

wrong lightning genious

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry but the question still stands would pwnt leave the gate and if that is the wrong lightning than I shall also add - Would XV leave the castle?

11. Jobe FTW

Jobe FTW Guest

Good job on the Sonoma take over i heard they were a tuff nut to crack. I hope the battles were long,fun, and rewarding.

12. well FL come to great lakes and find out. I promise you will get more than you can handle!!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

FHP will be waiting for you. Come play.

14. Lady Lava

Lady Lava UO Senior News Reporter
    Alumni Stratics Legend

They did travel to GL a few years ago and I did several articles on them and interviewed some of the members.

15. Kissey

Kissey Guest

You never know what is going on in our guild...unless your a member of FL...maybe we show up again,,,maybe we will continue colonizing the rest of the western shards first before returning to the east coast.

16. ya and they left without owning anything.

17. <blockquote><hr>

Sorry but the question still stands would pwnt leave the gate and if that is the wrong lightning than I shall also add - Would XV leave the castle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems that i remember the only ones left fighting them after BC fled to trammel were pwnt. then again we were used to fighting outnumbered it was new experience to bc and one they didnt like much as i recall [​IMG]. In fact alot of them quit BC to become members of an even bigger zerg grats on that tori.

18. Arabella

Arabella Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

How you doing kissey??? Come on back to Great Lakes and visit us!

19. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You are kidding right....BC fought FL all across the land. There were many huge battles, tons of talk and lots of fun. Each guild had wins and losses...if I recall correctly BC came out on the winning end.

FL had a leadership change and left the shard (off to Baja I believe). BC had a leadership overhaul and several long standing BC members moved to Pac and joined FL.

Never once did BC not answer the bell to fight FL...PWNT however, never left the gate.

20. Kissey

Kissey Guest

Hi ya Arabella, I play Great Lakes still, I play in doom some and WBB,,,shop to much and just kinda been doing things with people from years n years ago, most the time its peerless, doom or something relaxing,,,Sami helped me with some updated armor for doom

21. Guest

Guest Guest

I will agree with that assessment of the FL tour on GL. The fights were great however one would have to have left yew gate to know that. FL continued the tour onto Baja and to this day long standing members will tell you that BC was the best fight that they got on tour.

I didnt take that many people to Pac with me [​IMG]

When/if FL returns to GL it certainly will not be because of the epic battles we would get from Pwnt but to have yet another go around with BC and the other non yew gate guilds that have sprung up since I last haunted the lands.

22. ROFL i remember FL posting screenies of primetime harrys that bc wouldnt raid and bc complaining because they were outnumbered. I do like your attempt to revise history though keep spouting your version someone may even believe you.

Shall i post hundreds of screenshots of me killing BC AWAY from the gate just to prove I left it??? Or maybe shots of an overwhelming BC force being made to hide in a house at an idoc, or even numbered bc v pwnt with the BC hiding in GZ you and your guild make me laugh.

23. Malador

Malador Guest

What I want to know and what is probably more interesting, is who are all these BC with new stratics nicknames making these posts. I mean come on guys is BC mass recruiting or have so many of you been previously banned from stratics.

24. Malador

Malador Guest

WTF are you talking about. WHen FL left BC almost fell apart, not because we lost, but because there was not one guild or group of people left that would fight us. Everyone in BC was so bored they stopped logging in. BC was lucky to get 5 people logged in during prime time. Even then we could not get a fight. No one spawned and no one raided us while spawning, certainly not pwnt.

25. Kissey

Kissey Guest

FL Members who left BC...Pecks,,,Kiss,,,a few played a little while before they either returned to Great Lakes or Wow. I have held the FL Stone with Pecks for the past few years If and when FL returns, Great Lakes will become one of our colonies we remain on as we have Pacific, Origin, Sonoma &amp; our next shard we choose to move on to. Hopefully players will choose to play before 3am pst aka a hour before server down while most sleep...

26. Just a quick question, who are you in game? I have heard people mention BTHkiller but have never seen him on my ghosting of the shard at yew gate or any spawn or harrower fights. The only PWNT i actually see out of a house ever are imhotep and Spitfire who uses some interesting techniques but im sure everybody knows exactly what i'm talking about.

27. Blah blah blah FL blah blah colony blah blah FL !!! This is what will happen ,you will come here get your ass handed to you and claim that all the guilds banded together and that is the only reason you got spanked.
    I got such a kick last time seeing you guys trying to recruit players to join your little flc guild so they could pay you for the priveldge of doing spawns!!! How many peeps joined? A big goose egg!!!!

28. I think the term would be semi-retired UO player. The game is so full of illegal programs and people that run them that I seldom log in any more. Pretty much all there is to know.

29. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You'd have to leave the gate to know what else happened around the lands. If current FL leadership agrees with my recollection of FL's transfer to GL then why would anyone believe the rantings of a bitter 10 screen player???

As for posting screenies...even I (a mediocre pvper) have killed people (although I don't take screenies) and posting them would prove absolutely nothing. We all know you are in a dead guild that does nothing but fight at Yew gate on the gimpest templates. Don't say it's cause you are all scrolled out and don't care about spawns because if that was the case why did you all go to Drach to farm scrolls???

Face it you can't compete.

BTW shouldn't you be trolling Fred's posts to decide who the best pop shot archer is??? Leave real matters of pvp to the pvpers.

30. I would happily log in to pvp you solo sir then we would see who the "real" pvper is eh? Oh and its PwNt counting were using so solo means 1v1 not BC math which qualifys solo as anything less than 4 v 1

31. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ouch my post must have stung...hit a nerve I'm guessing.

Your idea of pvp is on an archer I bet...quite a tough template to play...when you revive a mage, let me know. Until then leave the PvP discussions to the PvPers.

32. gargomel

gargomel Guest

Pwnt a dead guild? LOL! And if you ever leave the yew gate Im sure you have seen G-zus around, and I bloody hate the yew gate.

33. Tylindrel

Tylindrel Guest

Why does FL think that everyone shakes at the thought of FL coming to Gl? I am completely unimpressed with the idea of 50 people coming over. Big deal. So 50 people get together and hold a choke point at a primetime harry. Yeah you are going to win. 35 withers will kill anyone. Why would anyone but a coward want to be in a guild that fields 50 people? Of course that guild will win, there may be an upset or two but realistically 50 v 10 will win 99.9% of the time. That is not interesting. That is like punching a 4 year old and talking [censored]. It's just dumb.

Try bringing ten people over and "colonizing" GL. Then we will be impressed.

34. Kissey

Kissey Guest

The decision isnt made where were heading next...I guess we will see what happens if we do head east...I stated a fact, nothing to impress you with...If ya really think about it...there is just as many members in other guilds as FL has taken the time to guild. All mule chars all tamers all and all FL does have a fair amount of witherers but they have many other templates that are utilized. Myself the only necro I have is a detect/hidden/tracker/stealth/hiding/magery...cant do a whole lotta good for a wither grinder with her and she is green. We seldom bother with harrowers unless we need to restock. We have a good time doing what we do best and if Great Lakes was lucky enough for us to come there Were hoping for some huge battles that would be refreshing compared to some of the dullness we have faced on some shards.

35. <blockquote><hr>

Hi ya Arabella, I play Great Lakes still, I play in doom some and WBB,,,shop to much and just kinda been doing things with people from years n years ago, most the time its peerless, doom or something relaxing,,,Sami helped me with some updated armor for doom

[/ QUOTE ]

You also spend quite a bit of time harrassing me!

36. <blockquote><hr>

Were hoping for some huge battles that would be refreshing compared to some of the dullness we have faced on some shards.

[/ QUOTE ]

The definition of a huge battle on GL involves houses and guard zones.

I hate them both and it seems there is only a few guilds that will actually leave them.

Hell,I quit my own alliance because I think the major goal of the guilds that finally left it was to "own yew gate" and they wouldn't even leave when I told them I had Despise to 3rd lvl

Anyways this game is getting lame with all the OLD content and nothing new being added.Look for my castle keep and 18x all in a row to start into decay as I'm getting tired of paying to play and not have fun.

37. Arabella

Arabella Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

good to know you playing some on GL again [​IMG]........havent been to doom for awhile maybe i will catch ya there. Yea sami she is a sweetheart too!

38. Hell,I quit my own alliance because I think the major goal of the guilds that finally left it was to "own yew gate" and they wouldn't even leave when I told them I had Despise to 3rd lvl

And all those people whom you stated wanted to "own Yew gate" followed you into XV!

"Anyways this game is getting lame with all the OLD content and nothing new being added.Look for my castle keep and 18x all in a row to start into decay as I'm getting tired of paying to play and not have fun."

I thought joining XV was going to alleviate that problem for you?..guess not. [​IMG]

39. Well at least with XV I don't have to hear someone throwing a fit because they died to "hackers" at Yew gate because no one healed them.They actually do stuff unlike some of the guilds I know and it isn't trying to "own yew gate" [​IMG]

40. Arabella

Arabella Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

But you should pay her the back support you owe her!!! LOL

41. Bent

Bent Guest

Unfortuantely this statement happens everywhere not just in Yew gate .

I'm not saying any guilds in general but all encounter one or a few players that are so blatant that it does make some just want to turn off the comp.

And thats sad to have to resort to Tram because at least The Travesty don't run something lol!

I do believe my time in game will end soon .

Thanks to the brilliant people at EA making this problem worse by announcing they have a solution but can't implement it .(punkbuster-basically an invitation to cheat now as everyone knows there is no way to get banned for it lmao)

42. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Your idea of pvp is on an archer I bet...quite a tough template to play...when you revive a mage, let me know. Until then leave the PvP discussions to the PvPers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im still wanting to know when this game became "Mage UO." If you ask me, I dont see how a mage isnt "gimp." All you have to do is get max dci, 100LRC, 120 magery, 120 eval and you should do well. But NOOOO, that's just not good enough. EVERYONE should play a mage even if they would be outnumbered 4-1. I'm sure many others agree with me, the more you complain about being killed by a dexxer the sweeter it is. I just cant wait till the day (which will never come) when they get rid of 100LRC. BC would be through. No more mages being able to jump in the fight three seconds after they are rezd.

43. I AGREE 100LRC IS kinda stupid, but you cant tell me that a ******** monkey with a sack over its head couldnt play a dexxer as well or better than the rest of the people who turn on a dime the second they have taken 20hp of damage.
    ITS entirely to easy to play a dexxer/archer. Just look at the spoon feeding that ea has done for dexxer/archers.
    Enhance Bows to 40 ssi?? Balanced bows??? Weapons with 5 properties damn near maxed??? Headwear that nullifies maxed dci??? Do i honestly need to keep going? What do mages have that dexxers dont? Pretty much lrc. you have the two mage wep staffs that are pretty much usless because disarms so popular. im not even gonna count protection because it doesnt help vs anything but a repeater bow.

44. BlackBetty

BlackBetty Guest

Are you Lance? [​IMG]

45. I dont know who lance is, but ima say ive been around longer and had more experience. I do belive i have earned the right to ***** and moan as much as i want. My main template was a theif, so yea i can *****.

46. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think SUNCHICKEN summed it up nicely...however he forgot to mention 1 major bonus to the dexxer class, MULTIPLE ways to heal while running. Once you take damage turn and run like the wind all the time applying bandage after bandage, chugging pot after pot and spamming confidence.

So easy every trammy can do it.

47. Kissey

Kissey Guest

You also spend quite a bit of time harrassing me!

Pay your child support or you will think harrass!!! Love is hell isnt it!!!

Love ya Dearest!

Kissey

48. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Im still wanting to know when this game became "Mage UO." If you ask me, I dont see how a mage isnt "gimp." All you have to do is get max dci, 100LRC, 120 magery, 120 eval and you should do well. But NOOOO, that's just not good enough. EVERYONE should play a mage even if they would be outnumbered 4-1. I'm sure many others agree with me, the more you complain about being killed by a dexxer the sweeter it is. I just cant wait till the day (which will never come) when they get rid of 100LRC. BC would be through. No more mages being able to jump in the fight three seconds after they are rezd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tithing points are the same as LRC for a dexer. If mages were so gimp why is it that every noob at yew gate is on either a dexer or archer when we all know the average Trammelite/Noob generaly looks for the easiest way to kill. Just look at yew gate and tell me what percentage of people are on mages vs dexers. I guarantee the mages are outnumbered at least 3-4 to 1 if not more. Also take in account that many of the yewbie noobies run around with no magic resist by using a 30gp item(trapbox) and it just means they can stack even more offensive skills. I guarantee if mages were gimp everyone would be playing them at yew.

49. Officerdg

Officerdg Guest

I agree to an extent with all that you have said. I STRONGLY disagree with what you say about what do mages have. On the same note for a dexxer, what do I have to protect me against your magic spells. NOTTA ZIP ZILCH ZERO NOTHING! You can put parry on your mage and u will be able to block almost all of a dexxers hits. I know I have over 50HCi and I miss all the time. Dexxers have NO protection from your magic spells. Except like poisen and curse with resist but even then explain to me how I can get cursed and poisend 90% the time with 120 resist. Mages can also have Bushido, you just need to learn to over come and adapt. I use NO pots and think pots are a fkn joke when u can have someone half life they drink one pot and boom full health again! Oh, I do have 2 mages 1 red and 1 blue so i can argue either side but I do believe that mages are the over powerd ones cmon a 40+ damage meteor swarm !!!

50. That 40 point meteor swarm takes alot longer to get off than a 40 plus damage conc blow.