1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where do Auzzies play?

Discussion in 'LotRO General Discussion' started by Jahira-Tor, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Allo all. Just baught the game and am installing as i write this. Im wondering if like UO, do you have diff shards? and iff so, what one should i play on for best ping here in Australia?

2. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hello! :)

Here is from the main Turbine site, which deals with all non-European Servers.

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/lotro.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=632
    I do not know about the European Servers, the Support FAQ on the EU Site has no information about server location. I am pretty sure however, that Australia connects to Turbine's Servers (US Servers) as stated in the Article above.

http://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=126
    As this second article stated, Landroval has become the "unofficial" Role-playing Server for the US Servers.

From the EU Website, Codemaster's EU Servers:
    And..
    I have no clue how to read Japanese, but there may be some more information on http://www.lotro-japan.com/

Welcome to Middle-Earth! :)

3. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Thankie :D Hey wernt you a UOer?

4. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yep. :) Played UO for nearly all its lifespan. Baja & Origin shards. I was (mainly) Terraseer, Orvago, Tree Nymph, and Corellon (Baja) and Elminster Aumar, Orvago, Corellon, and Ciriyn Oakstone (Origin).

My original username before I moved to Origin from Baja here on Stratics was "terraseer". :)

5. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I'm on Landroval. It's supposed to be the unofficial roleplaying shard...er...server. I've seen some excellent roleplaying there too!
    Playing a Loremaster.

6. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

thanks all! cant wait to get in and play. Gotta wait till my pay goes in before i can start. :rant2:

7. Feenicks

Feenicks Seasoned Veteran

Hey Jahira!

Elendilmir Server is the Unoffical Aussie Server.

It is US based like the rest of course, but if you want a chance of getting round the clock (ie aussie time) fellowships etc Elendimir is your best bet.

Also i happen to think it is a great server, it certainly has one of the best/most organised monster play communities also with the best bet of round the cloak action thanks to all the aussies.

Im in Aurora Australis which is one of the biggest kins on Elendilmir and predominately aussie and a pretty good group of folks.

http://www.auroraaustraliskinship.info/phpbb3/

Hope to see you in LOTRO sometime, look me up on Feenicks or Feenary

(Feenicks is technically my main, but is a lvl 22 Captain, whereas im More likely to be or Feenary my level 50 Minstrel who has turned out to be more like my main for real)

8. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Fink misses you! :sad4: