1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where does one download UOKR?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Widow Maker, May 7, 2009.

1. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

2. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

warning: patching will take longer than the initial download/install.

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

In Soviet Russia, KR downloads you!

5. I forgot about that site. There is another site to download a later client version and you can find it on the second page of the KR forums... I just am not too trusting of foreign or otherwise unknown download sites.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Back on August 29, 2007, Jeremy posted in the Herald that you can order a UO DVD from SwiftCD. The UOHerald article is here (for now, until pages renumber): http://www.uoherald.com/news/archive...=6&cat=genNews.

The SwiftCD site with the order form is here: https://sites.fastspring.com/mythic/instant/mythic007. It looks like shipping and handling in the U.S. is $6.99 and $8.99 for anywhere else.

I ordered one of the DVDs on Sunday and it just arrived this afternoon (Thursday). It's just a DVD with KR artwork on it packaged in a plain thin cardboard mailer that's not much bigger than the DVD. If my scanner wasn't being so obnoxious, I'd post an image of it for the benefit of all you folks who collect UO stuff.

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

So I gave the scanner a thump and it decided to be cooperative again.

Anyway, here's a scan of the KR client DVD that SwiftCD mails out:

[​IMG]

No fancy box, no paper with it, nada, zip, zilch. Don't even know if it works because I already have the KR client installed. However, now I have a DVD in case I need to reinstall or I can talk my husband into letting me put KR on his laptop (unlikely) and I guess a little bit of a collector's item since not many people have probably bothered ordering the DVD.

8. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for posting the scan Tina. I had no idea the Swift CD was silkscreened.

I'm going to order one now, just to have one to put with the rest of my collection.

9. debii

debii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i'm gonna order one too! :) thanks