1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where does the classic client keep chars desktop info?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by startle, Jan 31, 2011.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hi,

What file or files does UO Classic Client use to keep individual chars screen information in? Screen info like spells that have been drag'd to the desktop, etc...

:wall:

2. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

For me in Windows 7 (I'll bet Vista is the same):

C:\Users\"yourusername"\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data

3. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

for me, using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, it is just a slightly different path than what covert lists ~

C:\Users\"yourusername"\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\Account Name\ShardName\CharacterName\
    the file in that folder is called "desktop.uos"

also
    I have found that copying my preferred, character screen info file, "desktop.uos" - and placing it renamed as "desktop.nwb" here -
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\desktop.nwb
    causes any NEW created characters I make - to begin with this, my preferred, "Chars screen information"

4. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Nice info. For winxp, it is stored at c:\documents and settings\{user}\my documents\{same as vista from here}