1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where has Ernie been???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sunrise, May 4, 2009.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

I mean ZigZag?? I haven't seen him post anything in ages..Nothing nada...Just curious what he has been up too...IF anyone can say..in PM or Public or not at all :D

Thanks.

Dancing :danceb: with Ale for all

2. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The price of Zig Zag went up with the Smokers Tax in april... Doubtful EA Can Afford.....

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

He's semi-retired from Stratics now..... He's passed his administrative positions to others (Petra, etc.) and is acting more as a consultant than staff, now.

4. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Does the happy dance now to loose a couple more and get unbiased ones in. :p

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you have a problem with a moderator send it to [email protected], we'll look at it.

However, there is no such thing as an 'unbiased' moderator because any and everyone who moderates will be accused of it at some point. I read a post and think 'no, you can't say that, that's a personal attack'. I look at who's said it and give that person a warning, unless his infraction record shows he's been warned many times before, in which case I give an infraction. They scream at me in a pm claiming I hate them and I'm biased against them. No, most of the time I don't even know them, they simply broke the RoC.

I get an email screaming 'he banned me for (insert petty offence)' I investigate and find, no the moderator didn't ban him for that, he simply gave the appropriate number of infraction points for the offence, however when added to the already accumulated total of infraction points it resulted in an automatic 24 hour ban.

I get 'you let [insert name] say that and didn't remove it, why am I punished for it?' I look and think 'oh heck, I didn't see that one!' No I didn't 'let' the other poster get away with breaking the rules, I'm just not capable of reading every single post that goes on the boards. I'm human, sometimes I miss seeing an offence. Of course if I then punish the poster when the post has been up for several hours, maybe even a full day, then I get a message from that poster claiming I'm picking on him.

On one momentous occasion I had 2 icq conversations happening at the same time. In one conversation I had demands to know why I was favouring person 'A' and not punishing him for perceived infractions, in the other I had that same person 'A' asking why I was picking on him!

The admin team has received several accusations of bias, we look at them all and most of the time find it not to be true. On the occasions we feel that a moderator has misunderstood the situation, or over reacted, we reverse the infraction.

We do have several posters who are incapable of recognising when they have broken the rules.

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I do not miss being a mod! Well, except for free doughnuts on tuesday. Mmm mmm powdered!

7. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

doughnuts? what doughnuts?

\/ \/ \/ \/​

8. Petra Fyde

With apologies the current Managing Editor confesses to no knowledge of a responsibility to provide the staff with doughnuts and sadly resides in an area that precludes distribution of such with the possibility of them arriving in edible condition.

:lol:

9. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend

That's a very professional disclaimer, sister.
    :D

10. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

**Wanders in eating a Tuesday staff doughnut yet one of the best perks for writing for Stratics** So whats up today everyone? :D

11. Petra Fyde

:D It isn't often I get an opportunity to flaunt my vocabulary on Stratics, allow me to indulge myself a bit.

To answer the OP. Zigzag handed over the UO section of the site to the admin team and wandered off elsewhere. The current staff list can be found here: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=28117

12. *spits a ball of fire off to the side*

*munches on an old fashioned, chocolate covered donut*

13. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Awww... I feel all warm and fuzzy :)

I'm lurking....always. :D

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Did you bring the donuts, ziggy?

15. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

With Slipknot being #1 on the US charts he figured he better work on his side project and make some easy cash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!