1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where is all the gold coming from?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by orclord22, Nov 19, 2012.

1. orclord22

orclord22 Visitor

Hi all, I haven't played UO for close to 10 years now. I have been playing it now for that last 2 days, however I see that so many items are being sold in the 100,000's of gold to Millions of gold. This is mind blowing to me. I am just curious though, are there quests or monster drops now that give out huge amounts of gold? If so, any recommendations of where I can go to start farming gold?

Thanks.

2. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gold was duped so bad that UO will never recover.
    And since people put a real money value on it, it will show ingame as so.
    Bets thing to do is find a good guild, there are still alot out there, and enjoy the game.
    But event items sell for alot of gold also..

3. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

10 years worth of gold collection from thousands of players goes some way, dupes go the rest.

4. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

Eh, it's not as bad as it looks. Kill whatever and get gold for some basic gear and to place a house. Once you're skilled up, hit the Abyss and farm imbuing junk to sell to players. Once you're getting 30k each for Essense of Whatever, a few hundred k or even a few million for something isn't such a big deal.

5. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I recently helped a new-to-uo player last month get settled (I didn't provide any gold but some gear to get playing) and within a month that person has already accumulated millions just by farming SA ingredients and selling them in luna... so gold isn't hard to get these days, but I could see a new player walking around luna being intimidated by the prices.

6. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Duping is only part of it, the main reason is no real gold sink. Even a game like EVE Online, where stuff is "blown up" on a massive scale every day, has an inflation problem. The only serious gold sink in UO is what former players leave in their bank boxes and characters.

But as people say, you can make decent money without too much problem. And if you want a shard with more of an old-school feel and more reasonable prices, try Siege.

#6 Hoffs, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    Leather Lucy and Ender76 like this.