1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Where is best place...

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by ~Antzy~Pantz~, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Where would one find fertile dirt?
  2. Gwenyth

Gwenyth Guest

It drops on earth elementals. I kill them in the rat cave north of the Sacrifice shrine in Ilshenar.
  3. Earth Elementals or Antlions
  4. LdyHawke

LdyHawke Guest

Or you can push a green thorn into a patch of dirt (not in a field), and it will produce a mix of reagents and fertile dirt. Sometimes, you'll only get regs (about 100 total), but other times you can get upwards of 50 fertile dirt from one thorn. A friend gave me a helpful hint: while waiting for the timer to reset before being able to push another thorn into the ground, grind the reagents into potions for your gardener to use. Sort of kills two birds with one stone.
  5. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    Green Thorns planted in Swamps give ivy plants, couple of regs and fertile dirt.

Question: Does wearing luck affect the number of dirt given?
  6. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 12, 2008
    Whipping Vines give 1-10, and they spawn either from green thorns in swamp terrain, or in the main area of Blighted Grove as normal monsters.
  7. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I can't tell you how many green thorns I have done and never knew this. Does it work in the swamps or just dirt? Thanks!
  8. LdyHawke

LdyHawke Guest

Just in the dirt spots. In the swamps, you'll get the whipping vine, which carries vines as loot.
  9. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 16, 2004
    I've been using thorns to get my fertile dirt too. And I use the extra nightshade and garlic to help make potions for my plants.

The luck question is interesting - my guess is that it wouldn't matter, but I might try just the same to see...