1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where is everyone? Returning player starting over

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by HashEater, Nov 18, 2014.

1. HashEater

HashEater Visitor

Came back after a long break (11-12 years), made a new account on Atlantic pretty excited to come back; I was prepared to fully upgrade my account. grab a mythic token and jump right in on making a tamer build. Well I log in at New Haven, nobody there. I go over to Britain, nobody there. I ended up walking over the entire map and in each and every city I found the same thing, nothing.

Where does everyone hang out? I heard someone say that this game still has 10k+ active unique players, mostly on Atlantic but I cant find a single person around. Needless to say its pretty discouraging, and as is I don't want to buy anything for the account if its going to be a single player experience.

Any incite on this issue would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Eveery shard as experianced lesser numbers....all shards have had people leave for newer ventures....all shards except atlantic have had people leave there quiet shard to join atlantics higher populous..

I too have seen of late atlantics numbers dropping.....like 1818 plot prices have plummeted as more space is green srrings up with no new buyers ,,,...yes castle still sky high...but most people can place a villa 1414 or 1515 now with little problem... a year ago u had to buy this....time is catching up even on atlantic....

Welcome to the other 26 shards....Have a nice day...Here till the end!!

3. Lady Cupcake

Lady Cupcake Adventurer

You can find people in Luna on Atlantic. There is still a decent amount of people on Atl, although like stated above, the numbers aren't like they used to be.

4. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Whoever told you there were 10k active players was exaggerating a bit....it's more like 4k hehe. Luna is the main hangout place now, although the population has definetely decreaed, a lot.

5. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

I would add that banksitting probably shouldn't be your target for finding active players. Several guilds are active with large groups and people are also in Doom doing the current event. Last night UWF had about 15 members and a several passer bys working a Scalis spawn at Lake of the Dead in Malas. They do hunts like that every night and range from 8-20 players working together at any given time.

6. HashEater

HashEater Visitor

I would love to find one of those guilds and join in; also what would you guys estimate the active pop is on Atlantic? 400 people at a time online or more?

7. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

A safer bet would be about 100-150 people at a time online.

8. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That's too bad. I recall like a 100 players just hanging out at old Haven bank during primetime. Ahhh...the good old days :(

9. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was about to come back this weekend, but after visiting my ISPs shop twice and calling support three times and facing the prospect of starting again from scratch, having to pay for a lagbuster monthly to just be able to ride as fast as others walk, navigating the horrendous billing system, lost all my soulstones in my house idocing, awkward conversations with people you've cybered, dupers, hackers, scripters, the lack of players...

I should be back tommorrow if everything at the isp shop goes better than tonight. The guy said to me tonight "if your going to get angry at me, just leave now".

Tommorrow IF I don't assault him it will be a miracle.

http://www.haneke.net/ do not click this please

10. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was about to come back this weekend, but after visiting my ISPs shop twice and calling support three times and facing the prospect of starting again from scratch, having to pay for a lagbuster monthly to just be able to ride as fast as others walk, navigating the horrendous billing system, lost all my soulstones in my house idocing, awkward conversations with people you've cybered, dupers, hackers, scripters, the lack of players...

I should be back tommorrow if everything at the isp shop goes better than tonight. The guy said to me tonight "if your going to get angry at me, just leave now".

Tommorrow IF I don't assault him it will be a miracle.

http://www.haneke.net/ do not click this please

Hell's Ironworks likes this.
  11. NaughtyChild

NaughtyChild Visitor

Imho, weekend in prime-time for Atlantic (or East Coast) playing more than 150 people. And during holidays and events no less than 400 online.
    I recently read that Europe has about 100-150 playes at prime-time. And Atlantic is much more acvtive.

I also returned to UO this month after a long time. Im not form the US and rare playing at prime-time for US-shards.
    Atlantic is the only shard, where I can meet players near Haven/Brit bank and Luna any time.

12. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

LOL Dodger.

As far as player population, I still beleive they should close some north american servers and transfer players on Atl.

13. NaughtyChild

NaughtyChild Visitor

Naughty Dodger=)

I'm sure they do not think about population. Many players pay for the memories of youth, they pay for old houses, etc... If they close some shards players stop paying.
    I know 2 players on DF-shard, who pay more than 16 accounts every month only for their old guild-houses.

14. Thegirlyouloved2hate

Sorry , but as much as I have loved UO paying for 16 accounts is just nutz. I rather buy my Chanel lipsticks that do that ...and I love UO.

15. NaughtyChild

NaughtyChild Visitor

Enough talking, it's time to act!
    May be you send a couple photo of your Chanel-maked up lips to devs and persuade them?
    :postpics:

16. Thegirlyouloved2hate

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I do not think the care..:p

#16 Thegirlyouloved2hate, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  17. NaughtyChild

NaughtyChild Visitor

Best one as always is not shown...:link:

Where is petition to devs? For what you try to lure them...