1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where is the Classic Shard announcement?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Llamfia, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llamfia

Llamfia Guest

UO Devs you have some splainin to do.

2. copycon

copycon Guest

Without going into too much detail... they copped out.

New ETA is mid-January (maybe), so take that for what its worth.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

from another thread... from Cal:

No. As stated in the Producer's Letter it takes a while to get all the pieces together for a video. Plus, everyone has been slammed.

We really never had a moment to breathe from July through ... oh this past Friday.

There is much more going on than boosters and publishes. But we couldn't can't say anything until stuff is solid. Well we COULD it's just best not to.

We are aiming for mid-January to get the "State of the Game" video together, but that is a moving target.

It's most important to know we do do our best (and I do my best) to answer and try to respect both expectations and delivery to the community.

In this instance we simply ran out of time,

- C

4. Babble

Babble Guest

Like someone said - postponed until next year.. same procedure as every year ...

5. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- To be honest, I feel like we've been given an answer.
    Also from Cal in the same thread mentioned above, but a few posts earlier:
    - To me, that is an answer. Aye, I did chop up the entire post, which really should be read in its entirety (click the blue arrow in the quote above to read it all).. but I did so because this was, to me, the most telling portion and the part that I feel is a sneak peak at what the video diary will be covering in more detail, in regards to your question and the subject.

6. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

They're going to wait until just after the release of DC Universe Online. When many gamers won't be lookin'. They want to keep it a secret even after they tell about it.

7. Now why would they wanna do that, when this miracle of miracle savior of UO, that will be just brimming, if not downright overrun with players who transfer'd/left/quit/whined/cried/boohoo'd/etc (rolls eyes) will be blasting its whereabouts from the heavens!!??

Wanna buy a bridge?

Whatta waste!

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Please notice, there are several fine Classic shards threads running. Enter these threads with care as they are very heated discussions. :scholar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.