1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Where is the THB Mining Info?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Shelleybean, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There used to be some information about how many points in mining equates to how close you need to be to the chest. I'm having trouble locating this information. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

2. Dizzy

Dizzy Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

It was in the old THB FAQ. It's still available online, just not linked from anywhere I can see. Look here: http://uo.stratics.com/thb/faq.shtml#q13

13. What about mining?
    Mining is not a required skill, that is to say you can find and dig up any level of map with zero mining skill. However, mining does provide a few advantages. It increases your dig radius (from the treasure spot) as follows:
    • 0 to 50.9 mining gives a 1 tile radius (in other words, you must dig the exact correct spot of the chest)
    • 51 to 80.9 mining gives a 2 tiles radius
    • 81 to 99.9 mining gives a 3 tiles radius
    • 100 mining gives a 4 tiles radius
    Note: These numbers refer to enhanced skill, not "real"
    If you use a map archive to locate the treasure, you may not need the advantages of mining. However, it also allows you to stand back from the chest spot a little, which can give you a bit of a head start if you plan on making a run for it once the chest is up.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

ack, sorry. I think that was archived as being too out of date to be useful. Most of it is!
    I'll try to get it sorted out.

4. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I needed. Dizzy, I think I remember you. Did you used to be the moderator of this forum years ago?

5. Dizzy

Dizzy Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

I did indeed. That was a long time ago. Um... 2002 - 2005, maybe? Used to manage the THB site back then. And I used to treasure hunt a *lot* from 1999 through 2004. But my old 120 Provo bard is just plain outmatched by those ancient wyrms.

6. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Hey, welcome back! :)