1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

where the people really are?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Zog88, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Zog88

Zog88 Guest

Hi everyone!
    Yesterday I created new char on SP. I spent about 3 hours to find anyone except hundreds of healers all over the Britania. But I found only one person in Yew(as I remember). I have read all manual from this forum, but didnt find people in the places, described in it.
    What the normal online in SP and where the best place to be the not_lonely_crafter(miner/blacksmith)?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

hi, welcome to Siege.

I strongly recommend you join NEW for your first month. You will mostly find someone around Luna, or they'll find you. - There's a few thieves hang out there, so be careful what you carry. Although people of many nationalities and in several different time zones play on Siege it has to be said the shard is busiest at peak times, Eastern US. It's currently around 5am there, so a bit quiet right now.

3. Zog88

Zog88 Guest

Thanks. I will join NEW today. I just was interested in how many people playing on this shard. Hope that atmosphere here is the same as described in manual. :)

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:) People here are kind, helpful, generous, patient, friendly,
    childish, spiteful, petty and mean.

In other words, the full range of human types, both good and bad. If you can take death in your stride, no matter how, when or why it occurs you'll be fine. Don't worry about losing stuff, it can always be replaced.

5. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

what do they say about siege in this said manual?

6. Zog88

Zog88 Guest

I spoke about manuals from this forum. They say that there is strong community, good economy, and oldschool gaming style. I suppose all of it is true.

7. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

Siege is as good as UO gets imho

8. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The population is about 30-50 players online at peak times. The chances of seeing more than 40 people on a screen at once is rare. unless your outside of someones house and their inside, (same with guard zones). The game is one of a kind but another pvp game is going to be comining out in 6 weeks. And it seems half of this strong community is going to at least try it out. Id have to see ya dissapoint yourself so you may be better off waiting. Either way goodluck there are some great people here on Siege, as petra said Good & Bad.