1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where to plant my roots

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jarlaxle_DoUrden, Sep 17, 2010.

1. OK so it looks like a lot has changed since I last played. Places that were full of activity are now abandoned. I took a walk around Luna last night and that seemed to be fairly populated.

The question I have is this.
    Where should I try to place my house?
    I have a fisherman so I would like it to be near the water
    I have a lumber/tinker so woods nearby is nice
    I have a Miner so rock nearby would be nice

Does special Ore/Wood only spawn in certain areas?

Any help in making this decision is appreciated.

2. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

My suggestion would be a house around Minoc/Vesper. The special wood spawns anywhere there are trees, but it is random now. a tree that gave yew today, may give frostwood tomorrow.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

What shard do you play and what are you looking for?

I tend to prefer being near wrong. There are mountains, woods, and access to the sea as well as dungeons, decent spawn of most anything from animals to monsters and even a few briggands.

4. Just getting back in game after being away since the 90's ... I have 5 capped chars but I feel like a newb again ... yesterday I killed a mombat with my firewall ... so exciting.

Just looking to get back into it ... but I know a lot has changed and I have a lot to learn ... again.

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can put a house anywhere and with a 100% LRC suit / rune books / bonded pets you can go anywhere you want and do anything you want. Pick a spot you like and place a house. Depending the shard you are on there are a lot of people that will help you get the basics you need to get back in the game.

6. Can you define "100% LCR suit"?

Thanks.

7. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

there's several places on LS for an18x18, trees, but no water

8. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Hi, Jarlaxle. In order for mages, necromancers, or mystics to cast spells, they need consumable items called "reagents." Reagents include blood moss, ginsing, bat wings, etc. Each spell requires a different combination of reagents.

That said, certain armor, jewelry, and other items can have a property called "lower reagent cost", commonly annotated "lrc." With 20% lrc, your spells will require 20% fewer reagents. By wearing a 100% lrc suit, you don't need any reagents at all.

The reason that mages, necromancers, and mystics wear 100% lrc suits is to avoid collecting, purchasing, and carrying reagents. :thumbup1:

9. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you Syrus.
    Jralaxle welcome back (sorry I didn't say that first). What shard are you looking at playing on. Resource gathers (iron/wood) also use 100% LRC suits for the same reason.

10. Thank you all ...

I am on Great Lakes.

11. Ni-

Ni- Guest

The way I read that is if I cast a spell that normally consumes 5 reagents, then 1 of the 5 reagents (or 20%) will not be consumed.

Actually, I'd state that like this... With 20% LRC, each spell has a 20% chance to not consume any reagents.

Averaged out over multiple spell castings, then about 20% of the reagents will have not been consumed.

12. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Correct. To quote George H. W. Bush, "Fluency in the English language is not something I'm often accused of."

13. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I just placed a tower in Fel on GL with out any problem... I ran around for about 5 minutes and found a spot.

I sent you a PM with my ICQ number. Either PM me or ICQ me and I will be more than happy to help you get started back up.

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Are you now?

As it is ... that's where I am.

And I forgot I should have said: Welcome home!

If you need anything or want a hand just give me a PM sometime. I know enough about history, skills, training, PvM and PvP to make me either very dangerous or get me in big trouble.