1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where to sell lousy magic Items

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by ubeflyer, Dec 25, 2010.

1. ubeflyer

ubeflyer Guest

Hey all,

Returning to UO after a decade+ away and just have a quick question:

Where (if anywhere) can I sell the mediocre magic items found on low-level monsters (Ettins, Brigands, ect...)? Will any NPC vendors pay more than than the standard non-magic price for these things? Or should I stop accumulating leather gorgets with physical resist 1%? ;)

Not looking to make a fortune, just wondering if I should leave this stuff on the corpse, or haul it around...

Thanks

Maximus Fatso, Journeyman Mage, Catskills

2. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Your best bet, IMO, is to start an imbuer (if you don't have one) and start unraveling all those junk low level magic items into magical residue (and later, a bit of enchanted essence). At some point you'll want to have a lot of them for training and then imbuing items for your own use. I keep a "junk magic items" loot bag on all my chars, and when they're done and I get back to my house I transfer its contents to the pile of stuff to be unraveled by my imbuer.

3. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

this is what I was doing before I retired. I'd drop all the scraps in a chest at the house and then train the imbuer when it got full.

4. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

As far as I know you can unravel items for residue without ANY skill in imbuing, so simply go to a soulforge, hit the unravel container button, and target the junk container. Voila, residues....

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

True, Arkanos - with the benefit that if you have Imbuing set to go up, you get massive gains doing so, for the first 60 or so points.

6. ubeflyer

ubeflyer Guest

Thanks everybody...guess I need to create an imbuer. Just what I need...more time spent on UO! ;)

Maximus Fatso, Journeyman Mage, Catskills

7. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

An alternative although I haven't tried it in years is to sell it to a provisioner or an armorer or blacksmith. Used to be if you had item id you could find good magic items on those npc sold to them by others. (unraveling is quicker) Also leather items can be cut by a tailor into leather and metal weapons and armor (not tinkered although they can probably be sold to a npc tinker) items can be smelted with mining skill.

8. King Durango

King Durango Guest

You don't need to "start an imbuer", with no skill you can unravel low end items into magical residue and sell that.