1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Which dungeon is next?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by CovenantX, Nov 23, 2011.

1. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Which dungeon is going to be getting revamped next ?

How will the revamp effect tameable creatures spawning in them ?
    Will the tameables be buffed up at all ? I think tamers need more variety of
    Pack damage pets, will there be any added in the next publishes to come ?

How will the revamp effect champion spawns in felucca ?
    Will the monsters as part of the actual champ spawn be buffed up ?

2. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If it will only be one dungeon that is reworked next time,I would prefer it to be Deceit. The elemental-based dungeon was remade,so they should go with undead next time.

3. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

I think it makes perfect sense for Ice Dungeon to be revamped next... with a couple of the tameable creatures in there getting buffed... *cough* ;)

Edit: oh, not that I want the originals replaced completely... since I think they only spawn there, but a buffed version of a couple of those creatures could be very nice and give tamers an alternative to the Greater Dragon if it is done correctly. (Also, not a replacement for the Greater Dragon, just an alternative... think Slayer weapons, you don't use the same slayer on every monster do ya?) ;) ;)

4. CovenantX

Stratics Veteran

maybe there should be slayer items to buff pet damage vs specific mobs, and make them more vulnerable to others.

5. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

*sigh* no, not my point at all.
    Listen, almost everything in Shame is vulnerable to cold damage, especially some of the tougher monsters.
    There are tameables in Ice Dungeon such as the White Wyrm(50%) and the Frost Spider(80%) that do cold damage, the only thing is, the White Wyrm, while it can tank and deal around maybe the same amount of damage as a Greater Dragon to some of these monsters, you would want it to do more damage. A nice Greater White Wyrm (with some sort of frost/ice breath and some other ability to replace the GD's bleed) would be a perfect replacement for tamers in Shame.

Now, the Frost Spiders in a group of 5 can actually out damage a normal White Wyrm on these monsters, but they lack the ability to tank, they can be killed in one or 2 shots. A very slight damage buff, a decent health buff, and MAYBE a special ability and these pets could become useful, especially for lower skilled tamers on the lower levels of Shame.

Again, I am not suggesting the existing Frost Spiders or the White Wyrm themselves be buffed or replaced, but new monsters added to the dungeon spawning in other locations.

This would give more reason to go back to Ice Dungeon and then even more reason to after that go back to Shame with your new pets. This is why I think it makes sense for Ice Dungeon to be next on the revamping, though I do believe they wanted to focus specifically on Anti-Virtue dungeons first, I'm not sure.

6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I would love to see Hythloth to be revamped. For some reason i love that dungeon. I have a thing with Daemons. ;)

7. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My guess is something without a major set spawn as that will be easier to work around to get things started.

8. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When they get to Hythloth I hope they add in a few extra floors to the place using those unfurnished ones nearby on the map.. would make it more like the classic Hythloths. Wrong could use some new floorspace, too.

9. enderz

enderz Journeyman

All great questions I was just wondering about OP.

Also the Greater White Wyrm is a great idea Snippa. Over the years WW have always spawned in one spot in all of UO!

If and I do mean if devs do this, for the love of god, more then 1 spot to tame would allieviate a lot of forum posting/griefing etc down the road please/ty.

10. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know, I'm torn. After finally spending some time in Shame, I've found that most all of my old hang-outs and favorite activities in Shame have been obliterated with the revamp.

One of my favorite past times and places was hunting Bloods in Shame. Won't be doing that anymore. Another was the DC and Shadow elemental area. Well that's gone now too.

If every dungeon is done over with a revamp like Shame then there's going to be a lot of player's favorite haunts and hangouts that are destroyed.

I'm not saying the dungeons shouldn't be revamped, just pointing out one consequence.

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

But doesn't it open the doors for new 'favorite haunts'? There are still small, quiet spots where you can pull one monster to fight in peace - we have to re-learn the art of fighting on ground we choose, and not in the middle of the spawning area where we'll be creamed by the new spawn.

The clay golem spot is fairly easily managed, and they sometimes drop mining gems. There's a corridor far east of level 3 with 3 poison elementals and 3 blood elementals - the corridor straight facing is empty. Pull them off one at a time. Level 3 west has empty corridors you can pull spawn into to fight.

12. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

I like to look at it as a whole new dungeon. Same floorplan, but totally different dynamic in every other aspect.

It knocked everyone out of their comfort zones which was probably the idea. This is new content and it's not just the random item drops; it's the whole place!

13. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i love the tornado effect of the ev's in shame ... more of those wacky but wonderful effects please.

14. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Yes, it is bittersweet. I used to hunt blood elementals there too.

15. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I hope thy redo wind
    God knows that place needs much love

16. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'm waiting to see how Despise and Covetous turn out, a little apprehensive on how Hyth is going to turn out... Gotta feeling that one is going to be TOUGH post-revamp.

17. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Instead of normal hellhounds,we will see the ancient hellhounds of halloween? I personally would like to see what a buffed up Balron would be like.

18. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I hope for despise... the lizardman slayer need to gain his place in the world :p

19. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

Head on into the Blood Dungeon in Ilshenar, enjoy. ;)

20. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hythloth please. It used to be my all time favorite place, and it has a nice layout.

21. Araumos

Araumos Guest

Doom needs to be next. I really think they should of started with the high end dungeons like peerless and champ spawns. Since Imbuing came into the picture alot of items are lulz.

22. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

They're starting at the anti-virtue dungeons probably because they are the oldest ones in the game and in most need of content enhancement (beyond loot).

T2A itself should also be looked at for such a revamp.

23. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I for one really hope they leave despise as it is. It has a history of being a new player dungeon (being the closest to brit you can walk to). And I think there should be an easy dungeon that gives young players the chance to have a little success early on (without golem trainig to be able to compete with the new spawn).

Hephaistos of Europa

24. CovenantX

Stratics Veteran

Destard will be next for the revamp, we shall see how its going to affect Greater Dragons, normal Dragons, and Drakes as far as taming goes.

I kinda wish they would just do one huge patch and do em all at once, so we don't get too crowded hunting stuff as we do now in Shame.
    Most of the complaints seem to be about "luring" or "jumping-in" on someones kill.

I suppose smaller additions add a ton less bugs, and could become available to use sooner, than if it were one patch with revamps to every dungeon.

I'm just glad to see these dungeons have reasons to go to em again aside from the new loot,The Whetstone was a great idea, requiring shame points which are only obtainable in shame by someone willing to hunt there. With that said, I'm curious as to whats coming with Destard as far as Whetstone-like item.

25. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

that's the point of revamp it :)

btw is my favourite dungeon to train newbie chars so I hope in something nice :p

26. CovenantX

Stratics Veteran

Would be nice if you could find Dragon Armor, in revamped Destard.

27. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think fixing bugs should be next

28. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

We should never have to choose between content and bug fixing. Bug fixing should be an on going battle that never ends yet does not impede growth. Having to forego new content because they were not able to properly code or test the last is not acceptable.

29. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

There is one dungeon that is not used alot and needs the TLC ... Wrong

When was the last time any of you went in? Its rather lack luster atm.... when it had the golums in there it had visitors but now....... pfft nada.

30. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I agree with Lady Storm. Wrong needs definetly redone and expanded.

31. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

wrong would be nice it is the dungeon I go to the least

32. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

You are saying Destard is next? Is that posted somewhere?

33. Petra Fyde

no, that's just his opinion. No one knows which dungeon will be next. Though I can't really see the possibility of changes to greater dragons.

34. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

*wipes brow*

I cannot imagine changing Destard as the next dungeon. That's something maybe you work up to? :D

It's not just the Greater Dragons but the Shadow and Ancient Wyrm(s) below. Shadows are necro lovin' bahstado's already!

35. Petra Fyde

Destard is already not for the faint hearted, the addition of greater dragons, virtually doubling the spawn in the main room and the shadow wyrms gaining necromancy was in itself a re-vamp of sorts in my opinion.

I would anticipate wrong or covetous possibly being next on the agenda as two of the least visited of the older dungeons.

36. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present

Khaldun.

Khaldun needs so much love.

O please?

37. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran

I also vote for Wrong. I used to farm Wrong quite a bit for power crystals and arcane gems and was disappointed by the revert of spawn in that dungeon. Now I need to run to the enslaved gargoyle encampment next to the volcano to do my gem farming.

I don't farm crystals like I used to; after ML I was convinced, on paper, that elves were superior to humans. Kept having to redo the quest to change back. I must've run through that quest 10 times.

38. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Would be lovely to have a lot of appropriate monster specific or location specific loot, like dragon armour, bone armour, etc.