1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Which expansion to buy?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Rameshtra, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Rameshtra

Rameshtra Guest

I have a Samurai Empire account but I haven't played in years - which expansion do I need to buy to get access to the new areas and stuff? Can I just upgrade to Kingdom Reborn or do I need Mondain's Legacy too?
    Thanks!

2. zahbaz

zahbaz Guest

Hey, you can just download both free - no need to buy.

Check out the downloads bar on the right margin of uo.stratics.com main page. Both Mondain and KR are right there at the bottom.

3. Rameshtra

Rameshtra Guest

But I would like to upgrade my existing account, not start a new one. So I just get an upgrade code for Mondain's Legacy then?

4. zahbaz

zahbaz Guest

That's just what I did less than a week ago.

https://account.ea.com/myacct/uo/uo-hub.jsp?skin=uo

Just download a client, make sure it's operational, and then visit the above link. The right hand side allows you to modify your old account and reactivate it.

I've installed KR, and yet to visit the new places...it works alright... a little buggy, but with some tweaking it's running alright. I'm going to install the Mondain client and run that to compare soon...

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

To have this correct.

UO:KR is the clients name.

Clients are old 2D one or KR one.
    Clients can be downloadd for free.

Last Expansion is UO:Mondain Legacy for both clients.

Next expansion UO:SA will also replace the KR client. (Its a upgraded KR client)

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Frarc: Also don't forget...

If you can find a 9th Anniversary Box, it will upgrade through Mondain's Legacy.

7. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

8. KR is an unfinished work. Allegedly it is to get revamped into the Stygian Abyss (SA) client. It doesn't work well on some systems but works REAL well on others. The KR forum here has lots of folks who are experienced in KR and will help ... plus a custom UI or two are available.

9. Lucius1997

Lucius1997 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The most affordable route would be to buy the 9th or 10th anniversary "collection" as stated earlier. They will upgrade your account through ML-- which otherwise, may cost you a decent amount more. Hopefully you can still find an unused copy somewhere.. maybe check with your local Gamestop?

10. Rameshtra

Rameshtra Guest

Thanks for all the replies. I think with the low value of the Dollar (playing from EU) the cheapest option for me would be to just get a ML code from uogamecodes.com for $30 and patch the game up from Samurai Empire, then I can also still use UOAssist - or does that work with KR too?

11. Banner

Banner Guest

Yes UOAssist still works. As for you upgrading If you can wait and check out GameStop for the 9th or 10th anni you will get some cool stuff.. Thats what I did, I bought the 9th anni and got the shadow and crystal stuff.... Now just waiting on the 11th anni to come out...

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

UOAssist doesn't work with KR. However, it has a nice built-in macro system and things like the ability to auto-loot items from an open corpse by right clickign the items you want, and dress & arm macros that are instantaneous, unlike the UOA ones that take about a a half-second to a second per item.

13. Effect

Effect Guest

When SA comes out, if you have the Kingdome Reborn client will you be able to upgrade to the new client or will you only get that if you buy SA?