1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Which Guild present/past deserves...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Bennos Morales, Oct 5, 2008.

1. "The Trooper" Award?

Longest reign of a guild? Be it PvP or Crafters. Good or Evil....I'm a 3rd year newb and know nothing of earlier days of UO.

I'd say:

TnT
    KSS
    VmP
    DTA

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

DTA is still alive and kicking. *nods*

3. I forgot about I^A...they ran long time...not sure how long but have to be in the list....

Thanks Kelmo! :)

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

C8V and CWS are both still top ten, and been around for ages.

5. Sure, but they are as active as THB, yet I don't throw that in the mix....active/numbers is what I was lookin for at not just longevity of a guild..should've clarified that...oops. :eek:

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

TnT hands down then. Just one man's opinion.

7. I knew you were prejudice.....:lick:

*calls moderator police*

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I think it have to be DTA, they was the largest guild too for years.
    I'm not sure if DTA or CWS was made first but I know Pyrite the founder of DTA had been on Siege from day one.

All the other guilds named here came years later

9. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

DTA was before CWS but the two guilds that combined to form CWS were around before DTA. C8V has been around for a bit and I think they do have 4-5 active members. CWS also has 3 or 4 active guys that are under the WCB flag.

10. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If you have VmP, than you gotta throw up OTF :)

11. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hey Puffy wasn't REV here before OTF ?

Don't know but when I got here 4 yrs + ago DTA was the very first I met and even joined. Lady Pyrite took me in from NEW. There still are DTA's active on Siege. Iantown was very active then too, when I got here, VMP was,

but I remember Prymal and a stadium of fight nights REV and them also when I got here oft went to their fight nights, when not helpin host KSS events after I got in there, and CWS was active etc. Tnt was always there at that time I didn't know many of them save for maybe Kat a bit, and ...kelmo was I^A then, there were guilds in WC that were alive but not so much any more assorted guild tags.

Ones I remember most from back when I got here :

DTA, REV, VMP, KSS, CWS, I^A, TNT, etc. as for *active still now though*...hrmm TNT has more left than the other guilds do now I think.

12. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Freja I remember there were some UNDs here when I got here, met some of them in the Siege tour...but they vanished shortly after I got here and some orc guild too *I think* I do remember the UND undeads though when I first got here.......*sigh* remember lots of folks/guilds that were here just 4 short yrs. ago and now are nearly all.. but gone. :* DTA Lady Pyrite being the earliest or oldest that took me in here back then, before Py let me *crafters* in KSS.

13. Quira

Quira Guest

Lady Pyrite of DTA is still active on Siege. She is even starting to become more active again... just bought a new keep I believe :)

In the guild castle I have a rose of Bruenor to protect, I was not around on Siege yet in these days, but he must have been the founder of DTA. I believe Lady Pyrite was already in DTA, but she succeeded Bruenor as guild leader.

When I started on Siege, the orcs were still numerous and active... I fell victim to them on more than one occasion, not carrying any cider or cookies, silly me. I am not sure of their guild abbreviation anymore, but I believe they were the shadowclan orcs.

Kind regards

14. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

:) Tell her I said hello. :) I always respected her...even hid out when the arguement of the PYs hit these forums. LOL RUN FLEE do not get in the middle of the stongwilled.. PYs arguing over whom killed whom at a moongate. lol :)

15. Dopa Mine

Dopa Mine Guest

Thats the Shadowclan Orcs. They still have something called the Kursed Keep near the Orc fort in Yew. Also, Bramos still holds the Undead necropolis. No matter how much I would love to nominate either of these two guilds, my vote goes to DTA. I have never been in DTA, but they are still alive after so many other great guilds like the orcs, UND and UDL and PAG have passed on to other games.

So, DTA.

PS - hey, what about NEW, that tag has been here a while, even though their membership changes monthly. I know the charter of the guild and what its for, but they have been here for a hell of a long time. Give it to Freya for sheer tenacity.

16. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

NEW was made of Luxor around year 2000, think the first NEW GH was a large smithe at the road north of the large guard fort at Safe Haven.

NEW was doing fine until we lost ROT and got Power Hour and noone needed NEW.

Luxor tryed to find someone to take over when he quit, me and some others from SH was asked to take over but we did not feel any need for NEW as it took a week to gm skills.

I restarted NEW year 2003 but did only run it a year. Shalimar took over year 2004 and had been the gm for more than 4 years now. Shalimar sure deserve a price for that, it's hard work to be a guildmaster but even harder to be it for NEW. Some months, NEW had got 80 new a month, trust me, that's alot of work, even if there only are 30 new members who ask question and need advices and basic stuff.

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I can still remember the very first time Shal whom had my chr. QZ and Mir in NEW and she told me hang on I want you to meet a lady that also was GM of NEW. And I look out the then NEW guild house and see this RED lady coming towards us, coming IN the guild house.....bearing the name Freja............I wanted to hide and run lol :) I knew your name from *poster freja on UO Hall finding the irony in ye posts Siege needs new blood ...and you played a red and a lonely vampire.............and I came here .......anyway. LOL

18. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

As I understand it, the longevity list is:

1) DTA
    2) CWS
    3) C8V

And as Tiberius said, the most active CWS members are in their alliance's communal faction guild and are still classed as CWS members.

19. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

Can I still Represent ORC.....

20. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Pag, Tax, ICE, and Waka

21. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

I'd agree with DTA. CWS and C8V as well. Although if you're counting VMP, which currently doesn't really exist, I get to say J-D cuz I've been representing on/off for eons. :) I think this last time 'on' I've learned not to say 'never.' :)

22. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Those came after DTA, CWS and the others, and are no longer active.

I know of at least 4 active CWS members, at least 2 DTA, and 2 KSS, and C8V still has a bunch.

23. Xulgag

Xulgag Guest

Nub,

Shaddurklan orcs am still here as long as meh am !!! We dah bubhoshest !!!

HOOWAH !!!

24. Quira

Quira Guest

Xulgag, you will have to make that claim stick as far as I am concerned.

It was my impression that retreat is not the Orc way. Mo' was here when no other orcs were. Can you claim the orc legacy? I would gladly meet you at any point in this world and challenge your claim. If you have the power to uphold it, you can surely kill me and my crafters guild.

Kind regards

25. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Wow! An award named after me! Too cool! :lick:

26. Xulgag

Xulgag Guest

*dusts off tome*

*sneezes*

Haw,

Meh gruk meh nub gruk lats much muur. Meh mojo am berry dry, too. Agh, der nub honor in clompen mak'rs. Ifens id maks Mo habby tu klaim honor, den let hims klaim id.

Howebber,

meh gruken meh am gonna enter dat baddul fur da Bluud Gud once again. Meh mojo finger am gedden ichy.

27. Tigsalot

Tigsalot Journeyman

I'm still representing ICE

booooooooooooooooooooyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:thumbup:

28. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

[​IMG]

29. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

LOL, PAG yes, but TAX, ICE and WAKA should be looked as short time guilds in respect to the whole time Siege has been around...la

30. TheScoundrelRico

Pfft, no ORC would run with human guilds except for UND. Mo is no ORC...only in his smelly dreams...la

31. Tigsalot

Tigsalot Journeyman

you're a fool, rico

ICE has been around from 2000ish to I say 2005

from 2005-present t'was me, tom, and abel along with a few others

now I just stand around all day looking at my rares and giving them all names

32. TheScoundrelRico

33. Feyre

Feyre Guest

DTA!
    :O

34. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

Waka?? I remember when they came to siege - long after I joined C8V. I think they came after Freja passed the NEW guild to shal so she could take a break from the game. DTA held the #1 posiotion for members for a long time.

35. TheScoundrelRico

I miss KGB...la

36. FrejaSP

37. TheScoundrelRico

The classics...imo...la

38. Pyrite

Pyrite Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

That list sure brings back many memories, Freja!

WC used to raid our weekly meetings. That caused some excitement! We still have our meeting at the same time every week, often lucky to have two or three people show up, but there is usually someone there.

Bruenor, True Grit, and Ragnar founded DTA while we were all working to gm mining and smithing in Delucia when Siege first started. It took them a couple of weeks to talk me into joining- I wanted to be non-political (so much for my first intentions for Siege). I was the secretary for about a year maybe, when there was disagreement about whether there should be pvpers in DTA (oh, Lord how many times have I gone through this one!!). Bru and Grit did not see eye to eye on the matter (Ragnar had already stopped playing). Rather than damage their friendship, they both left the game temporarily and left me in charge. They still have not come back! *taps foot impatiently*

I got tired of waiting, and since rl has thrown some extremely tough challenges at me this past year, I've put DTA in the very capable hands Quira.

During the past year Quira and I have removed all the non playing characters from DTA- those we have lost track of over the years. We had so many people on the roster who we could no longer be sure of, so we purged the roster. Tonight we have 69 members (characters) remaining on the roster who still log on from time to time. There are about 12 people who play regularly, at least weekly or more. Sadly we can't seem to be able to log on together very often any more.

We have had hundreds of characters pass through the DTA roster and I have been so blessed to have known each one. Even the ones who have left to join other guilds are still DTA to me. That goes for everyone from Feyre to QZ! There is an old DTA rule- you are not allowed to leave DTA without giving Pyrite 10k ingots. I have never received that payment from anyone, so there are a lot of DTA members still out there, wearing the wrong tags!

I thank everyone for making DTA the best guild ever!

39. FrejaSP

Who knows, maybe time will changes and we will again see the community grow, we can only hope.

One thing I miss is thr Orcs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This are from the Orc Tree Party, devs placed a tree so a small house could not be placed close to the fort

40. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

41. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Old as the Hills -

Yea your back! Missed you around here.

:)

42. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone have a link to DTA's interview on UORADIO ??

I remember listening to it before and wouldn't mind hearing it again

43. Quira

Quira Guest

Eeeeek! Do you think it still exists online? I was in it, I have never heard it and that is probably a good thing.

Kind regards

44. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

The Undead Lords [UDL]...hands down...

45. FrejaSP

Sadly UDL are not present as a guild on Siege now. We are a few UDL do still play but non of the ones who was in the guild the first of Siege.
    I miss them all but fear they are gone and will never be back.

If someone want to know what UDL was about, you can see the charter here. http://www.undeadlords.com/
    To become UDL, a new recruit had to go the hard way as slave and serve the knights. Alot UDL wannabe failed as slave, bowing was not always easy for a guy who believed he was a PvP God and wanted to join the most powerful guild ever on Siege.

46. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Waka got here enmasse 35-39 plus members from Ches. shard, shortly after I got out of NEW here. I think I got out of NEW spring of 2004. I kept calling those whom I did know of, from Chesapeake by their chrs. names that I knew them as .. as CiB guild members from Chesapeake.