1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Which is the most effective template for a solo hunter

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Roc01965, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Roc01965

Roc01965 Guest

Ok, I know this is not the most original and interesting post you have read, but I am really wondering the issue in the topic.

I have a nox mage (120 magery, 120 eval, 120 res, 120 med, 100 scribe, 80 poison, 60 focus + mage weapon) and I am not very efficient killing hi-level monsters (35% SDI + scribe bonus).

First of all: is it possible to kill such monsters solo?

Which is the most efficient template? Sampire, archer, mystic?

Many thanks in advance.

2. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Archers get my vote. If you tend to play alone, an archer can be a fun way to go. For one you do not need to be right on top of your opponent to slay them, nice if you don't have someone along that can assist in healing or ressurecting.

There is also a variety of ways to set up an archer. You can go Paladine
    Archer with high spell resist, or an ABC archer, Archer-Bushido-Chivalry. Or even a Disco Archer, which can be especially nice for lone playing. But for me which ever type of archer I set up, I do like bandaid healing. I see mage archers running around out there, but I myself think you need to spread your stats to thin to be really truely effective with it.

3. Cyanide_Mage

Stratics Veteran

Hands down its Sampire if you like melle chars or Disco/Tamer if you like pets. Disco/Tamer can steam roll anything in the game solo, Sampire can solo about 90% with the other 10% being hit or miss.

4. Sampire. 'Nuf said.

5. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sampires have thier place, I personally use my pure mystic/mage the most. My mysticmage can solo stuff I couldnt solo on a samp, of course since I love my mystic so much I usually only use my sampire for stuff like medusa.
    I run
    120 magery
    120 mysticism
    120 focus
    120 eval
    120 meditation
    120 spellweaving
    I have soloed the following with my mystic, keys and boss:
    Travesty, Dreadhorn, Stygy dragon, Medusa, Lady M, Bedlam, Harbinger, any renowned monsters.
    I can get shimmering effusion keys in about 20 mins or so with mystic but use a tamer to solo the boss since shimmering has alot of magery and dispel power.

Those are the big ones, and its not hard at all, just throw out a Rising Colossus summon and invis, and wahlah your pwning.

6. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I enjoy playing a magebard and a sampire, but for soloing the highest end monsters youd have to go with sampire.

7. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Dang, that must have taken forever!

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  8. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

Hehe yes some bosses (medusa and stygy) take quite awhile to do with a mystic, but its easier than sampire. I mainly soloed them just to see how much a RC could take heh. Parax is about the only one i cant solo, if he dropped something i wanted id try more prolly. If your good at running a mage id say go mystic for the versatility, but if warrior types are more your speed then rock the sampire, oh and cheaper to max out a sampire than it is for a mystic mage (120 magery n mystic PSs are outrageous!)

9. Roc01965

Roc01965 Guest

Ok thank you for yuor answers.

Being the myst mage explained which is the exact template of a sampire?

The only trick of a sampire is to hit and life leech?

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  11. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have a question for those who suggest a Mystic/Mage.

Don't high end monsters usually all dispel summons ?

And what is a Rising Colossus if not a summon ?

So, I wonder, how can a Mystic/Mage be more effective against high end monsters than a melee fighter ??

12. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

Disco Sampire........ Can literally DESTROY and monster in game.

13. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

Yes some high end monsters will dispel the RC, but you keep casting as needed and the monster will usually stop or run out of mana. Most of the peerless i do wont dispel it. Even if the RC only gets one hit in before being dispelled, that one hit could hit for 100 dmg or more, so in some cases its a matter of wearing down the monster.

for a sampy template
    120 bushido
    100 necro
    100 weap skill
    120 tactics
    are your primary skills, after that you can add parry, which is great with bushido, Anatomy for more dmg (and better healing if you use Healing) Resisting Spells is common too, because if your paralyzed your not hitting and not leeching. beyond that, you want full HCI on your suit (45%) and high swing speed/stam/dex to ensure you can get more hits in and stay breathing.

Ooo chuck, ill have to check out a disco sammy, dunno why i never have. Ive tried a pally archer disco and well it was more powerful than pally archer, it wasnt near what a sampy can handle.

14. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How do you run that?

15. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

120 bush
    120 swords or fencing
    100 tact
    80 chiv
    100 disco
    100 music
    100 necro

Same as my regular sampire, just swap out my resist and parry for music and disco. My jewels have a total of 20 music and disco on them. 15 HCI and DCI and some DI (18 or something like that) With my leafblade or daisho I can solo most anything in game. Slasher is kinda crappy since he freezes you which usually kills ya, but everything else in game is pretty cheesy.

16. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

100 Camping
    100 taste ID
    100 Item ID
    100 Forensic Evaluation
    100 herding
    100 tracking
    120 Enticement

17. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Disco means 240 more points to fit in the Sampire template.........

If music and disco are at 100, won't the discorde attempts fail with high end targets ??

Also, this means not beinig able to effectively use any Discord Bard mastery

Also, ain't tactics too low (and no anatomy) to be able to get back enough health points to stay alive, particularly without healing ?

Can you plase post what armor and weapons you are using ?

Thanks.

18. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bard masteries mean nothing for a disco sampire. You don't have the mana for upkeep and what mana you have is reserved for specials and what not. Another thing. If you play a disco sampire, you're gonna get rocked by any spell caster as you have no room for resist.

I would rather have resist than put disco on a monster. If you can solo it while disco'd you can solo it without. Just takes a lil longer.

19. Illumina Zero

Illumina Zero Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

chuckoatl nailed it on the head. My Disco/Sampi rips every monster in the game.
    Here is a pic of him with skills and stats. Feint special FTW.

LHornet.jpg

20. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have a discopire on my secondary account which looks similar to yours. I'd drop the anat for more bush and resist if I solo'd and such. There is a posting of my build in the warrior forums and lots of good info for a regular samp build.

Samp is the current top end IMO.